And ode to feet?

I think feet are pretty ugly, well, my feet anyway. They're wide and callused (thanks to running). But I guess I shouldn't complain too much because they do get me around well enough in life. And, they afford me the excuse to get pedicures so I should probably stop complaining.

Alas, they're even uglier after ramming my foot against the dumb bells that were sitting next to my mat last night at boot camp. FAIL. I also slammed my elbow on the towel rack the other night after getting out of the shower. It's now bruised. I guess I need to slow down and pay attention a bit more.

Alas, I put them in pretty boots today to redeem myself. It's casual THURSDAY around these parts because I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow. Yeehaw! Sometimes you just need a vacation day.

Last night, our instructor went hard on the legs and abs, focusing less on the cardio portion. Whew, it was tough. Squats w/ weights, low fast squats w/out weights, lunge and reach w/ weights, power cleans w/ dumb bells...you get my drift. Then it was on to sit ups w/ weights behind the head, V sits to open and back, plank, push ups to side planks, 007's (hands clasped together, legs come from just off the ground to straight up and alternate which side of your legs your hands reach), etc.

Surprisingly, the abs and legs aren't TOO sore today, but I can feel them getting stronger! Just reminds me how much I need that class every week.

And, is one of these Top 40 Cheap Eats near you? There's only one listed that's in Oregon, but several in California, the midwest and east coast.

Do you own all of the Top 10 Accessories Every Woman Needs? I'm pretty sure I have everything other than the cuff...not a necessity for me. But I am on the lookout for more jewelry and fun stuff to accessorize with. Much cheaper to accessorize than to buy a whole new woredrobe! Where do you find your favorite pieces at? I'm a big fan of Target, but occasionally find things at a Macy's sale or Ann Taylor Loft.

Okay, back to work! Tonight I'm joining the manfriend and his cycling buddies for a beer tasting. A local brewery is sponsoring their team so I'm excited to taste some of my favorite brews. Espresso stout...here I come!

Comments

Amber said…
I LOVE those boots. I think you've showed them on here before and they're so cute.

I also LOVE accessorizing. It's my thing. I always, always, always have a necklace, earrings, scarf or bracelet on!!
I just love those boots. You make me want to forget my budget and go buy some. :)

I did so-so on the list. I don't have diamonds, pearls, a cocktail ring, or a cuff! I am kind of picky about accessories. I have trouble finding belts I like, and I rarely wear necklaces. I am kind of more of a earrings & bracelet kind of girl, and I really only started wearing earrings consistently in October, randomly enough...
erica said…
Heyy girly! Just came across your blog, and I am loving it. Cute boots! I am obsessed with accessories it's kind of a bit ridic.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Anonymous said…
ha, those poor feet! mine take quite a beating too - yay, pedicures! ;)

HUGE TARGET FAN - not that it needs repeating. Ha, ah i love that place. I also shop around on Forever21 (online) for cheap/fun stuff. For the "good" stuff, I browse sales at White House/Black Market and Ann Taylor of course :)

yay, friday off!! have a good weekend!
Laura said…
Cafe Asean is in NYC, but I've never heard of it or been there. There are SO many great cheap restaurants here though...

As for the second article, I don't have a cocktail ring, a cuff, or a metal watch, but I have everything else.

Hope you had fun at the beer tasting! That sounds great.

Popular Posts