Mama needs a rest day!

Last night as I was running with the girls (at a faster than normal Monday pace), I kept telling myself "just a bit further. You can make it." Until, I stopped and walked for a bit. The bod was just not up to pushing it. K and I continued running at a slower clip while the other two girls kept up their speedyness.

So I declared today a rest day! After a 430 PM massage to work out the kinks left in this neck and just a nice opportunity to relax, I'll take myself home and maybe take the dog to the park, rather than heading off on a run or to the gym. Yippee!

Sometimes, you just gotta have a rest day. What day of the week do you usually schedule a rest? Do you do anything special to treat yourself on rest days? Personally, I revel in the few extra hours it leaves me in that day. Who knows, I might even start my new library book, Three Cups of Tea.

On The Bachelor: Did anyone else watch that craziness last night from Ali? I wanted Jake to really stand up and ask her not to leave, but you could tell from the first time she came to talk to him that she had in her mind already chosen a career over the possible love of her life.

Don't get me wrong, in this economy I don't blame the girl for sticking with something that's a for sure thimg rather than a 1 in 4 chance. But now that leaves us viewers to pick between Tenley, Gia and Vienna. I personally see Vienna as a bad match for Jake, but he sees something in her. Did you watch? What's your take on Ali's breakdown and decision? Who's your favorite contestant left? Mine would have to be Tenley bc Gia barely talks.

Comments

Amber said…
Considering it was the Bachelor I'm TOTALLY for her picking her career, because really, I don't think that he's the possible love of her life. At all. So many of the couples that get together from those shows FAIL. So if she has a successful career I can totally see why she would choose that and I think that's great of her.

I don't really like ANY of the girls but if I had to pick I think it would be Gia.

I schedule rest days for sure! They are definitely important. I almost always rest either Saturday or Sunday and do my long run the other day and then my other rest day during the week is usually Wednesday!

Enjoy your massage tonight!
Alissa said…
I usually rest on Sundays and one other week day. I love Sunday rest days because I feel like I've truly earned it after a long run on Saturday. I'm not one of those people that can run 7 days a week. My body would hate me. I need at least 2 or 3 days a week to rest from running, though I might lift weights or walk on those days. Glad you were able to listen to your body and give it the rest it needs! Hope it treats you well!
I usually have my rest day during the week. Lately I have been taking it really easy because my knee has been feeling off. I think I need to get new shoes & stick to the elliptical for a while - the treadmill & me are just not getting along right now. :( I was supposed to start 1/2 marathon training tomomrrow but am going to just take the first 2 weeks early and see how i feel after that. I just want to be healthy for our marathon come October! I have not had knee problems in the past so this is just so random & frustrating!!

I used to be obsessed w/ the Bachelor, but stopped watching it this season. I really hope ABC doesn't bring this girl back like they did w/ Ed last season... She sounds nice but i just think they are gaming things a bit too much which is why I stopped watching...
Unknown said…
I just found you blog and as a fellow runner/foodie i love it! i can't wait to read more :) Oh and the Bachelor crazyness was to the extreme! I really want him to end up with Tenely. I really don't like Vienna. I don't know what i would have done in Ali's case but if she really loved him than she would have stuck it out..or maybe she was just scared?! Can't wait for the next week!
I normally take a rest day whenever my body is super sore or i feel as if i need some extra sleep/recovery - we have to listen to our bodies!
T-Dizzle said…
Um, I thought Ali and what's his bucket were perfect. I wanted him to drop everything and propose to her right then. But she made the right decision to leave. I mean, hello, they can always get back together after the show if it's meant to be. She totally SHOULD pick her job over kinda sorta dating a guy for like 5 weeks along with a ton of other girls.
Anonymous said…
Yes, take that rest day!! (now I know the massage was worth it, reading backwards here ha ;)) I don't usually "schedule" rest days - but it tends to be a Sunday (post LR) thing for me, and usually one day during the week...depending on the weather and how the running goes.

Popular Posts