Inspiration Board 2011

Thanks to Gina, I felt inspired to create an Inspiration Board for 2011. I've decided that while resolutions can be great, goals are better for me.

Sometimes it feels like if you don't follow through with all your resolutions that the year was a failure. However, if I have goals and an inspiration board to push me toward those goals, any progress toward those goals will be sucess to me.

And because I'm such a visual person and kinda crafty, I knew this would be a fun project at minimum.

The left side has Carrie Underwood because I really appreciate her positive outlook and envy that pair of legs. Something to aspire to. ;) A few other things I wrote were: to breathe, stretch and relax (life does not have to be so serious); perfection; and a working woredrobe (bc I need to start buying clothes I really need rather than multiples of the same thing).

The center is all about me not letting my fears getting in the way of what I want in life. The jewel tones simply make me happy.

The right side includes a reminder to focus on what my body tells me (stretch, skip a workout if needed, push it when I feel strong). It also includes a few reminders about saving some serious $$ because I need to get back into that habit. And then a nice table setting to remind me to continue truly enjoying making and eating yummy foods.


While this doesn't cover all of my goals for the year, I think this should be a good place to start and hopefully inspire growth and change in 2011. Overall, I want this year to be about stepping out of my comfort zone while staying relaxed. Life is too short to be spent stressed, serious and afraid.

One thing our Lifeforce Fit instructor often says near the end of class has really stuck with me: don't let anyone or anything get in the way of your dreams.

Do you have a theme for the year? Has anyone else created an inspiration board? I plan to hang mine next to my closet so I can glance at it when I'm getting ready in the morning.

Also, is anyone else watching The Bachelor this season? It seems like, more than ever, these women are getting seriously intense and Brad (the bachelor) is able to handle it all with ease. I'm definitely sucked in.

Comments

Amber said…
Awesome! I love it! Very very cool! I have not created an inspiration board but I am working on filling out my lululemon goal sheet which I plan on framing and hanging up when I am done with it!
That's so cool! I think it's great to have a visual reminder like that!
"stepping out of my comfort zone while staying relaxed." A-men. This is something I'm focusing on, too! It's been a theme for me over the past two years (post grad school), and so far it hasn't failed me!

I have my Goals on the fridge, so I see them every day. But I think this Inspiration Board would be something I'd have a lot of fun with! Love yours :)
Run Jess Run said…
There needs to be a store that caters to people in their late 20's/early 30's.
Meggie said…
I've always wanted to. Nastia Liukin did it 2008 and went on to win the all-around at the Olympics that year (gymnastics most prestigious medal). Ever since then I've wanted to, but never have.

Popular Posts