Helmet Hair

Saturday I wanted to get in a serious workout, but nothing that would thrash my legs. After all, I had a long run on the books for this morning.

The manfriend was headed out for 60 miles with his cycling cronies so I decided to hop on ole purple (mountain bike circa 1995?) and get a nice cross training workout in. The mf recently put fenders on this bike so I can ride in the rain without getting a lovely line of water and road gunk up my rear. The fenders worked like a charm.

I got out a bit early to checkout the REI scratch and dent sale (outdoor gear that has been used on major sale) and still had time to kill before the gym opened. I rode an extra few miles on the bike path along the river (which is crazy high right now) and then made my way to the gym.

Sexy Windy bike hair. Not quite long enough for a real ponytail.

This is what nerdy mountain bike commuting looks like.

At the gym I opted for 20 minutes on the elliptical (alternating hard and easier efforts 4 min: 1 min). Then I dug out the swimsuit (which hasn't seen the pool for maybe 6 months) and spent 25 minutes doing laps.

Someday I'll swim a mile, but yesterday I did 1,000 yards (20 laps, 40 pool lengths). I like swimming, but I don't love it. Perhaps because I'm so slow?

I showered and scarfed down my banana before pedaling on home. All in all, 14 miles cycled, 1,000 yards swam and 20 min ellipticalled. Not bad! While I was tired, it didn't make any of my muscles or joints scream like a tough weight session or run would have.

Oh and Amos Lee was fabulous. We were both so impressed by his voice and his writing abilities. It was cool to hear the unique stories of how each song was written.


After our late night, I even managed to wake up early this morning to get my run on. I guess a little planning and setting the alarm go a long way! Another 10 miler on the books. It feels good to be running these longer distances.

And with that, it's time to cook up some chicken enchiladas! Check back for a post on my inspiration board -- I finally finished it! Where oh where has the weekend gone?

Comments

Amber said…
Good job on your workout lady! Can't wait to see your inspiration board :)
Whew, busy weekend for you guys!!

Nice work on the Inspiration board - I have yet to tackle that, though I think it's a project I'd LOVE to do :)
I don't love swimming either... It's a great work out, but I am not fast and I am not the most efficient breather so I get pretty winded fast... or faster than I think I should?

Glad you enjoyed Amos Lee! He's so talented. I just adore his voice. :)

Popular Posts