Just Sweat it Off!

The last week or so I've been feeling like a few extra lbs might be trying to creep their way back onto my love handles. And you know what? I'm not having it!

I realized I've let my nutrition slide a bit by having a drink or two a few nights a week, a few extra sweets here and there, having a snack when I'm not hungry, etc. So today, I nipped it in the butt. I got back on track with a beefed up salad and english muffin for lunch.

And those short morning workouts? They matter!

Even fitting in 15 minutes of weights, yoga, or running into my morning can make a big difference not only in my mood, but my waistline.

While I don't prefer cramming my workouts into short segments here and there throughout the day, sometimes that's what works for my schedule. I'm sure some of you feel the same way. Yes, it would be nice to hit the gym for 90 minutes, but some days you just can't find the time!

The past two mornings I took the dog on a short run (rather than a walk) just to get the heart pumping. I also shoved myself out of the office at lunch to run some trails and I'm so glad I did. However, I may change my mind about that after boot camp tonight. ;)

It's my first day back to Lifeforce Fit since, uh...early December. Wish me luck.

Some fabulous related blog posts from other bloggers:
Amber on those last 10 lbs (that don't really matter as much as we may think)
Emily on Calorie Counting (you must read all the amazing comments)
Angela's entire road to health series of posts

Comments

Meggie said…
Its nice to know you think a 10 or 15 min workout of anything is helpful. I'm a medical student, so some days can get really crazy, so I always wonder if 10-15 min is really worth it. So, thanks.
Amber said…
I say anything more than ZERO minutes is worth it!!! :) Good job fitting in workouts!

THanks for the shoutout :)
Scarlett said…
Thanks for the reminder that every little bit (of both exercise and extra food) counts! Sometimes I miss my run and just give up for the day!
Yep, every little bit really does count and it is better than nothing! Thanks for highlighting some posts around the interwebs!

Popular Posts