Life's a Beach

While this weekend was a wee bit more tame this year than last, it was relaxing and a lot of fun. We're getting lame sensible in our old age so there wasn't a ton of imbibing or crazy talks this year. I guess you could say the whole growing up, finding a relationship and settling down thing happened to our group almost at once.

Either way, it was nice to reconnect and spend a lazy weekend on the beach. The weather was pretty stormy and the rain was coming down so we didn't do a ton outdoors, but I still managed to fit in a run both Saturday and Sunday as well as a little Dave Farmar podcast yoga and some strength training!

We got to the beach house Friday around 5 pm and spent the next 3 days catching up, eating a lot (I'm not sure if I was ever really hungry this weekend-oops!), watching movies and football, playing games (Apples to Apples and Balderdash) and reading. The book exchange was definitely a success. I came home with several new reads.










I got home this afternoon to the manfriend still trying to recover. I'm sure he's happy to have me back bossing him around and forcing him to eat meals, take a walk, drink water, etc. :)

Somehow, I didn't manage to bring many snacks with me this weekend and found myself craving sweets every night. I guess that's what happens when you are always used to having some form of sugar sitting around. Alas, I finally fulfilled the craving by making two loaves of banana bread straight from Betty Crocker's cookbook. There may be nothing better than a steaming slice of banana bread.

How was your weekend?

Comments

Amber said…
That looks like such a fun and relaxing way to spend the weekend! Glad you had such a good time :)
Emily said…
How about a steaming slice of banana bread WITH chocolate chips. That might be perfection.

Glad you got a relaxing, fun, beachy weekend in!
Sounds like an awesome weekend! That is such a great tradition for you and your friends.

Mmm, banana bread. I need to make some soon! I have a GF recipe that tastes just as good as the normal stuff!

Popular Posts