Make it a salad wrap!

After Sunday night's dinner at one of our favorite thai restaurants in town (and having salad wraps for our appetizer), I knew what was going to be on the menu this week. It's been a long time since I've made these babies, but they are fun, fairly easy, and healthy!

I got home late tonight so this was a great option that we had whipped up in 20 min flat (includes cooking tofu, cutting veggies and creating the peanut sauce).

Ingredients used: rice papers for wrapping, rice noodles, carrot, cucumber, extra firm tofu, romaine. Homemade peanut sauce: peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, light coconut milk. Google a recipe for measurements, or just buy A Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce and grab a can of coconut milk.


Although these aren't nearly as pretty looking as the restaurants do it, I love the process of putting it all together and wrapping it up!


And once you have it rolled, there's never too much peanut sauce. Bring it on! Manfriend was very satisfied with this dish. I dare you to try it.



I don't know what it is, but I have a monster headache tonight! Ugh. Maybe it was that 45 min of sleep I missed out on this morning. ;) The workout was pretty good (I took IGE's 3-2-1 treadmill advice this morning) and was happy with a change of pace...pun intended. I hopped on the T-mill for 33 min, which included warm up, 4 x (6.5, 7, 7.5 pace) for 3, 2, and 1 min respectively, 1 min walk in between sets, and cool down.

Then I headed into the weight room for: 3 sets walking lunges w/ 12lb dumb bells, 3 sets seated rows @ 70 lbs, 3 sets chest press @ 75 lbs, 3 sets back raise w/ 10lb weight, 2 sets push ups, abs and a little stretchy stretch. This was accomplished all in 18 min!

Okay, well it's past 10 pm, which means I should be in bed. Instead, we're watching some old cycling movie from the 70s and manfriend is setting up his very. own. blog. Can't say I'm not rubbing off on him a bit...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those wraps sound Just like something I order at this Vegan/Vegetarian restaurant downtown - LOVE THEM! Rice paper is such a weird texture, but I like how gooey it is, heh.

Manfriend, blogging? :) keep us posted....
Manfriend is blogging? Very exciting! Does he read your blog now? I know at one point you said he sat down & read your blog from start to finish, so I assume he's now reading it daily.

Those wraps look really good. I love meals like that and you can't go wrong when peanut sauce is involved!!!
Jess2Impress said…
Yum! I had salad rolls this week and they were awesome.I love how frsh and light they are!
Yes, he's been excited about starting but doesn't want to publicize the url yet. He reads the blog occasionally, but he's definitely not checking up on me daily. ;)
Yummy! Thanks for the heads up on the wraps...I can hardly wait to try them...I LOVE tai food...
Shoshanah said…
They may be as perfect as spring rolls at a restaurant, but I think they still look pretty! And most likely were delicious as well, especially with the peanut sauce

Popular Posts