No rest for the weary

Whew, this weekend was an exhausting one! Saturday, after my mentor training, manfriend and I headed out into the chilly sun for a nice 32 mile bike ride. It was generally moderate, other than the STEEP 3 mile climb he made us do. Not my favorite part of the ride, but I made it. Sometimes, the bike just makes me feel so weak. The muscles you use are so different than those used in running. When we got home, I was in transition mode for my run. Feet still numb from the wind chill, I jammed on the Nikes, took off the bike shorts and one of my tops, and grabbed the dog. I did 30 min of running and by the end felt hot all over. It was definitely rough, but I'm glad I did it.

This morning was a chilly one. K and I set off a little after 8:30 am in temps that were 38 or so. The hamstrings and hips were really feeling yesterday's bike, but I just kept moving on. I was amazed after 2 hrs and 5 min that I had actually made it 13 or so miles, considering how wrecked the legs felt. It definitely helps having a friend right beside you and the mental determination to just push on NO MATTER WHAT.

After a hot beverage and a chat, I headed to Trader Joe's for some goodies and home for lunch. I'm telling you, this lunch was to die for. Recently, I saw on twitter a mention about pesto being an awesome addition to a grilled cheese sandwich so I had to try it.

My combo included: deli turkey meat, TJ's pesto, Tillamook sharp cheddar, sliced mushroom and red pepper all inside a sandwich thin in the George Foreman! Yum. The sandwich thins are perfect because you can really get the cheese melty and everything inside the sandwich piping hot.

And my Trader Joe's goodies...cuz who doesn't need flowers and chocolate??


How can you resist this adorable little packaging? And the fact that everything on the ingredient list is pronounceable...no artificial flavors, colorings or preservatives.


When we opened these puppies, they were HUGE. Nothing like the malt balls you buy from the store. That's why that for just 5 eggs, it's 190 cals and 23% of your daily saturated fat. Not gonna lie though, these are not as good as the original malt balls.

Okay, manfriend and I are off in search of some ice cream because clearly we deserve it. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Comments

That sandwich makes me miss bread. Big time. i usually don't miss bread, except when it comes to things like grilled cheese. Yum. Looks delish!

You sure packed in alot this week! You got in some awesome workouts! I swam laps on Saturday & biked today - it was good to mix things up a bit! Esp the lap swimming!!
Britni said…
Okay just wanted to tell you that I started reading Acadmemic Chic in the morning before I get ready for work and have noticeably changed my wardrobe already :) Thanks!
Amber said…
Sounds like a great weekend! I did a brick workout on Friday and it totally wrecked my legs. I took yesterday off other then doing level 2 of the Shred and then today they felt MUCH better for my 10-miler!

Hmmm, I want chocolate so bad right now! Haha
Anonymous said…
that sammie sounds delicious!! WELL-deserved after all that exercise, whew. D always tells me that cycling and running fitness are definitely *not* the same - those legs of yours are definitely getting stronger, either way :)

Popular Posts