Give this girl maple flavored anything and she's happy!

It all started about a year ago or so when I first picked up a container of Nancy's lowfat maple yogurt. It's a locally made yogurt without any scary ingredients. Before the maple however, I'd been a raspberry or blueberry flavor only type of girl. Until, I met the maple. We just hit it off, ya know? Then, just a few weeks ago, I found a Brown Cow maple yogurt that was on sale and naturally, I had to pick some up.


Then, just two weeks ago I stopped by the gourmet grocery store during a sunny walk on my lunch hour and found this baby...Jason's maple flavored almond butter from Boulder, CO. Sign me up! Because of my affinity for maple, almond butter and Colorado, I had to have it.

At nearly $10, it wasn't cheap, but I have a feeling it's going to be worth it. I've yet to break the seal on this puppy however, because I have a few jars of a.b. that need to be emptied first.


And then of course, we have maple syrup. Give me real maple syrup any day over Aunt Jemima's or any other high fructose corn syrup version. The manfriend of course uses about 1/4 cup of syrup any time he eats pancakes or french toast so he's allowed nowhere near my $8/bottle goodness.


So there you have it, I have a serious love for maple. Is it just me or does everyone on the maple bandwagon?



Do you have a serious love for something foodie related that you're not sure everyone else has? If so, spill the beans! Not gonna lie, I am such a nerd that I got excited when I saw that Kath Eats Jason's maple a.b. as well! Okay, I digress.

You should know I successfully conquered Rest Tuesday #2 with no intense workouts! Halleluiah. I'm telling you, mentally it is the toughest thing to force myself not to do exactly what it wants to do. But the left foot hasn't been particularly pleased with me and I figure pounding the pavement every day is probably NOT the solution. Tonight: boot camp/sweat fest!

Thanks for your feedback yesterday. Everyone seems to have a different morning routine. I realize that if I were to wake up say around 6am, I might get out the door sooner, but I also value my sleep and enjoy being able to get as much as I can done around the house each morning. I guess that is the nature of having a job that doesn't require you to meet patients or have status meetings at 8am. And, I know if I have to be there at 8, I am capable of it.

I'll be answering your Ask Me Anything questions later this week, so feel free to send me any others you may have!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am *right* there on the Maple-loving wagon with ya!! If Yogurt wasn't perishable I'd send you money to ship it across to DC for me!! haha :) YUM!!

have you tried maple-glazed salmon? My faaaavorite.
Run Jess Run said…
My FIL makes homemade maple syrup. It's WAY better than the generic stuff.
I can't really think of anything specifically 'foodie' that I am obsessed with. Except maybe pickles - do those count? I adore pickles. I eat them almost every day!
Whoa, Lisa, that is definitely an interesting food to adore! I like pickles next to a good sandwich or on a burger. Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Hi there!

I came across your blog and saw that you enjoy healthy cooking and experimenting with new recipes. Stonyfield Farm makes Oikos Organic Greek yogurt which can be used in a variety of ways while cooking – in baking, as a substitute for sour cream, and mayonnaise, and to create tasty low-fat dishes. Greek yogurt is strained, making it thicker and more versatile in recipes than regular yogurt. Oikos is organic, which means it's made without artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners, and it's made from organic milk produced without the use of toxic persistent pesticides, chemical fertilizers, antibiotics, or artificial growth hormones (rBST). Through our purchases of organic ingredients, annually we support over 130,000 acres of organic land.
In the past 11 years through our (and you, the customer's purchases) we have prevented the use of over 1 million treatments of animal synthetic drug treatments. The cows thank you!

I'd love to send you coupons to give Oikos a try! If you're interested, send me an email at kdrociak@Stonyfield.com and let me know where to send them.

Best,
Kristina
Stonyfield Farm
Jess2Impress said…
Hello fellow Oregonian! Love the blog... I am a Nancy's fan myself... The yogurt is fab, have not tried the maple but need to!
Shoshanah said…
I always make a point to buy real maple syrup, even though it is FAR more expensive than the more brand name type products.

Popular Posts