How much do you pack into your mornings?

I'm just curious. I mean, I don't have to be at work before 9 am most days (although I probably should be) AND I like to achieve a lot in my mornings. For example, today I woke up at 6:48 am. I put in the contacts, put on some pants and a sweatshirt and tennis shoes and grabbed the dog for a nice 20 min walk in the cold. We got back to the house, I started the coffee for the manfriend who has a much harder time with mornings.

Then, I did about 10 min of yoga, including plank and pushups before feeding the dog and hopping into the shower. After that, I grabbed the laundry from the dryer, switched the stuff in the washer to the dryer and got ready for work.

For breakfast, I made a green monster smoothie (ice cubes, spinach, oats, milk, yogurt, cinnamon & blueberries all blended). I watched the Dan Patrick Show while drinking my brrrr...freezing smoothie!

Then it was time to make a quick lunch and dry the hair and apply makeup. Before I knew it, it was 8:40 am and time to hit the road for work! It always amazes me how the time flies. What is your standard routine for the morning?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would *love* to have a 9 a.m. work start - I have to be here at 8on most days, which leaves little time for morning productivity. Otherwise - I'm with you! If I have time (one day a week), I run. Other than that - get ready, start laundry if needed, blog, read news, and head out the door!
pen said…
you know, it's funny, whenever I wake up early and try to be productive before work, I end up being later to work than if I had woken up twenty minutes before I have to leave. :)
I get up at 5:15, get ready, eat breakfast, check some blogs, and dash out the door around 6:25 to catch my bus. I get to work around 7:15 which is a little earlier than I would like, but is kind of necessary with my work load right now... The early mornings are tough on me, but there aren't alot of people in from 7:15-8:15 so I get so much done during that first hour & it's really peaceful in the office at that time of day - so I guess there are some perks to being the early bird!!
Britni said…
I try to do the least amount of stuff possible in the morning...the typical routine is get up at 8:45 (or 9:00), shower, eat a quick breakfast and out the door by 9:30 to be at work at 10. Sad I know.
Amber said…
I get up at about 5:45-6 and try to be at the gym by 6:30-6:45. It takes me awhile to get there because once I wake up I make breakfast (usually oatmeal) to eat at my desk after the gym and pack my lunch. I then go to the gym for anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours sometimes depending on what's on my workout schedule and I roll into work anywhere between 8:30-9:00 AM!

It's hard getting myself to the gym in the morning sometimes but I much prefer the way I feel after a morning workout!!
Thanks for the feedback, ladies! Everyone is different. I know that getting a little movement and a few chores once in a while in every morning helps me. Especially, on those days you come home from work and don't feel like doing stuff around the house. Just wish I could shorten the routine a bit and get out the door a wee bit earlier. I guess that would require I not sleep until almost 7. ;)
sneakersister said…
Up at 5am, coffee, internet and then out the door for an hour run. Back home to shower and then make breakfast for my girls. Back to the computer to work on my new website, either answering emails, working on code or writing a new article. This will take me to 9:00 am.

You're lucky to have a 9am work start.
Shoshanah said…
I am not a morning person at all. I wind up hitting snooze far to often in the morning, and I'm lucky if I have time to do more than throw my hair up. So not the best way to start the day.

Popular Posts