Thankful Thursday

I know this is late, but I've been wanting to keep up with Thankful Thursday so I thought I'd pop in. As you're more likely to do this time of year, I've been thinking about what I'm grateful for these days.

This week I'm thankful for:

Hot showers - for which I may stand in a bit too long just feeling the hot water beat down on me after a cold day or run.

The manfriend's patience - I'm often stressed out, feeling overwhelmed and busy these days. Pete has the patience of a saint at times and I'm really lucky I found someone who provides such a good balance to my personality.

A full belly - not everyone is able to be lucky enough to have food to eat. That in itself is something to be thankful for. Tonight's dinner was a chicken & bean burrito and beer from Laughing Planet.

Midterms = officially over - Thank goodness. Now just a few more weeks of survival and studying for finals. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Taking chemistry and biology after debating another degree for 7 years, has made me question just exactly what I want in this next phase of my career. To say I don't have it figured out would be an understatement. Knowledge is such an amazing tool and going back to school has me thinking... "Ooh, I could be a graphic designer, a nurse, a dietitian, a writer..."

What are you feeling thankful for this week? 

Comments

That's a great list of things to be thankful for! I am so glad you have Manfriend in your life to help you manage your stress. We have similar 'high strung' personalities, so I, too, need someone who takes life a little easier and can calm me down or talk me off the ledge when I get upset or stressed about something!

Yea for being done with midterms! Christmas break is going to be so nice for you!!!
Finals will be over before you know it! You can do anything once those classes are done - it gets easier, I promise ;)
Tasha Malcolm said…
I am thankful that I am happy, healthy and that my husband and I have a nice house and good jobs. Even though I don't like my job, I still need to be thankful that I have one.
Amber said…
This time of year and especially with the work I've been doing lately I feel very, very, VERY thankful for a roof over my head and a full belly. So many people do not have that luxury, not just in our own country and cities but all over the world!

Even though I feel pretty stressed and tired these days as well life is really quite wonderful!

Oh, and I'm also thankful for bailey's in the coffee I'm sipping on right now :)

Popular Posts