Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I know this is late, but I've been wanting to keep up with Thankful Thursday so I thought I'd pop in. As you're more likely to do this time of year, I've been thinking about what I'm grateful for these days.

This week I'm thankful for:

Hot showers - for which I may stand in a bit too long just feeling the hot water beat down on me after a cold day or run.

The manfriend's patience - I'm often stressed out, feeling overwhelmed and busy these days. Pete has the patience of a saint at times and I'm really lucky I found someone who provides such a good balance to my personality.

A full belly - not everyone is able to be lucky enough to have food to eat. That in itself is something to be thankful for. Tonight's dinner was a chicken & bean burrito and beer from Laughing Planet.

Midterms = officially over - Thank goodness. Now just a few more weeks of survival and studying for finals. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Taking chemistry and biology after debating another degree for 7 years, has made me question just exactly what I want in this next phase of my career. To say I don't have it figured out would be an understatement. Knowledge is such an amazing tool and going back to school has me thinking... "Ooh, I could be a graphic designer, a nurse, a dietitian, a writer..."

What are you feeling thankful for this week? 

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That's a great list of things to be thankful for! I am so glad you have Manfriend in your life to help you manage your stress. We have similar 'high strung' personalities, so I, too, need someone who takes life a little easier and can calm me down or talk me off the ledge when I get upset or stressed about something!

Yea for being done with midterms! Christmas break is going to be so nice for you!!!

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run said...

Finals will be over before you know it! You can do anything once those classes are done - it gets easier, I promise ;)

Tasha @Healthy Diva said...

I am thankful that I am happy, healthy and that my husband and I have a nice house and good jobs. Even though I don't like my job, I still need to be thankful that I have one.

Amber said...

This time of year and especially with the work I've been doing lately I feel very, very, VERY thankful for a roof over my head and a full belly. So many people do not have that luxury, not just in our own country and cities but all over the world!

Even though I feel pretty stressed and tired these days as well life is really quite wonderful!

Oh, and I'm also thankful for bailey's in the coffee I'm sipping on right now :)