Jess wrote last week in an enewsletter answering peoples' questions about what they wish they knew about starting a business. I thought it would be fun to do something similar both about my past and the future.
About my past
I wish I knew...
1. That being in the "popular group" in middle and high school didn't define you for life
2. Worrying about what others think of you or expect you to be is silly
3. Failing leads to success
4. Chasing my dreams was worth it. I used to want to be a personal trainer/physical therapist/sports medicine professional and I gave those thoughts up when I couldn't hack chemistry first term of my freshman year of college.
5. Being YOU brings joy to the world
6. I would have really benefited from more graphic design classes - InDesign, Photoshop and web design, I'm looking at you.
About my future
I wish I knew...
1. What I'll be doing in 10 years
2. How we'll get to that house, way of life, vacations we dream of
3. When we'll have kids
4. If I'll be able to run marathons post kid - will I have the time, energy, fitness?
5. When/if the economy will really turn around
And now for Fashion Friday...
This week's outfit isn't particularly outstanding, but it sure was comfy!
Top: LOFT, skirt: Columbia, sandals: Kenneth Cole Reaction
I rode my bike to work on Tuesday and just wanted to wear something stretchy and summery. Enter: the Columbia skirt where sport meets fashion. Oh and for some reason, my hair just feels like it grew several inches - it's getting long again.
Hard to imagine that two years ago my hair was this short.
Not gonna lie, somedays I miss the sassy short hair. But I don't miss the grow out phase - yuck.
This weekend another one of my high school girlfriends is getting married! I can't wait to see all of the special details and the girls whom I don't see often enough. I love weddings.
What are three things you wish you knew about your past or future?