Bridal Shower and Flower Power

This past Saturday, I drove to Salem (about an hour north of Eugene) to attend my college roommate Laura's bridal shower. I lived in a house with five other girls the last two years of college. We enjoyed champagne w/ lemon rind, yummy appetizers and cake, present opening and the clothespin game.

Pottery Barn did a beautiful job of wrapping the cheese board and coffee condiment set I bought Laura.
Audrey (who got married last summer in Monterey) and Laura - both college roomies
The bridal shower was at her sister Gianna's house and it was decorated beautifully. Laura is a bit in love with all things Paris.
I fell just a tad bit in love with the flower arrangements that Audrey put together.
I mean, just look at those roses! And go figure, they were from Costco of all places!
And this is an arrangement I snagged a few weeks ago after we finished with a work event. They decorated our coffee table for a week or so.

Flowers just make everything better.
Does anyone know the name of the small flowers that accompany the roses here?

Since I can remember, I've been a flower person. I was the girl who always dreamed about getting surprise flowers from a crush at school OR her boyfriend at work (it's happened once- thanks, manfriend). And I've always said that someday when I do get married, flowers and photography are two things I'm NOT skimping on.

Are you a flower person? If you do/did get married, what are two things you wouldn't/didn't skimp on?

Wedding fun from last summer:
Big Trees (The Redwoods)
Long Run Monterey Style
The Monterey Wedding

Comments

Amber said…
I DO love flowers, but it is also something I'm skimping on. Heh! They are just SO INSANELY EXPENSIVE and then they die. So we are doing bouquets and boutonnieres and that's it. We'll do candles for centerpieces I think. But I do LOVE weddings that are tastefully decorated with gorgeous flowers!

That being said I am a huge, huge fan of flowers and I do like to have fresh flowers in my house. I don't buy them often - once every couple of months - but when I do it always brightens the place up so nicely!
Those are beautiful! Love the eiffel tower pieces, too :)

I'm not much of a flower person - I marvel at them in landscapes, but can see myself skimping for a wedding (other than the bouquets). I would NOT skimp on photography (can't get those images back!) or the location (not that it has to be expensive, but it has to be "us")
siri said…
Ooh! Ooh! I know! Pick me! HYDRANGEA. I'm sure you know them- often times in magenta or periwinkle, although I really like this celery-colored variety. Those ARE some nice arrangements.
Thank you, Siri! As much as I'm a flower person, I don't necessarily know the names of the things I like, simply their look. :) I definitely like this slightly green variety.
J said…
Yeah those are definitely Hydrangea. My friends is doing those for her wedding in July and I can't wait! I love them!
Kara said…
I love flowers! I really should buy myself flowers more often because I love the way they smell up my house.

For my wedding, I was lucky enough to have my aunt (who's a florist) do all my bouquets for me pro-bono! I did my own floral centerpieces though with flowers ordered from Costco. They were inexpensive but still looked amazing!
I was excited that I knew what that flower was! That is so not me, but I happen to ADORE hydrangeas, so I knew right away!

What a beautiful shower. That would be a perfect shower for me since i am obviously also obsessed with Paris!

Yes, I am a flower person, but I wouldn't spend a TON of money on them. My best friend is great at arranging flowers - for her wedding, she ordered them online and arranged them herself and her bouquets were absolutely gorgeous!

When/if I get married, I would not skimp on the music. I want to hire a string quartet to play before/during/after the ceremony. Other than that, I am not sure! I don't thikn I will do the traditional 'sit down meal' type of thing...
Raquelita said…
The roses and hydrangeas there are just gorgeous! I also love flowers and have received a few unexpectedly. When I got married I made sure not to skimp on the cake, booze, or the photography.
Rhatemet said…
We just got back from my best friends bridal shower and she's a little of a crazy one so we were searching for some thing distinctive. One of my good friends had a Hawaiian luau bachelorette party theme on the beach and it was remarkable! We discovered a great bachelorette party checklist and got some custom invitations and t shirts produced from this web site:
www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

Popular Posts