Miles Like Whoa...

Last week's miles weren't really off the charts (37 miles of running) compared to what I've been doing. But something sure isn't feeling right about my right knee. It's definitely "runner's knee," which I've had in the past, but if I'm not careful it will plague me through every run.

I managed to fit in 6 miles prior to a work meeting on Saturday and then 14 miles of trail on Sunday. The downhill definitely doesn't help the knee situation, but I feel like I need to be training on hills. But then again, I need to have happy knees that get me through this summer-o-runnin'.

Do you ever do stupid things during your training or in life just because you think you "need" to be doing x,y or z? I do it all the time. Like I'll run a couple extra miles just because my mind wants met to hit 16 even if my body is screaming "NOOOO!" Someday, I'll learn (I hope)...

Ice, ibuprofen, stretching and foam rolling are needed. And maybe even some of those darn P.T. exercises.

On another note: Do you need a method to sneak veggies into your loved ones' lives? Pasta sauce is often one of the tricks I use.

The manfriend would say he doesn't dislike veggies, but when I ask if he wants a salad with dinner, 95% of the time his answer is no. Therefore, I stop asking and shove little pockets of health into our meals. Muaaaah hahaha!

Tonight's pasta included onion, spinach, mushroom, bell peppers and black beans + jar marinara sauce.


I'm sure he hasn't figured me out yet...

Kind of like when I make Super Charge Me cookies for dessert instead of the Nestle Toll House his heart desires. But don't fret, sometimes I cave, a stick of butter and all.

After a LONG, busy week and weekend of work, I'm so glad to have a few projects behind me. I have this weird thing about feeling overly guilty for taking my vacation days, but it's time to do it. My sanity requires it.

Comments

I hope the knee troubles go away. Mine has been feeling a bit off, too, so I too need to pull out my PT exercises. I am just waiting to actually find them when packing - not sure where I tucked them away. ;)

That pasta sauce looks delish. I love veggies! Mmm. But I agree that you often have to sneak them into things for many people!
Gracie said…
Yum, that's a creative pasta sauce! I like the idea of beans in the sauce - gives it some staying power.
Amber said…
Careful on those knees!!! Have you thought about seeing a chiro to get some ART done on your hamstrings/quads? I'm getting ART done about every 8ish weeks now and it's working wonders for my trouble-spots!

I ALWAYS make salad to go with our dinner and give Eric the stink eye if he doesn't have some, so now he does. Haha. He actually doesn't mind salads but he likes it with creamy dressings like ranch!
Tricia said…
great idea with the sauce
Ha, luckily D is all about the veggies - I never do any hiding ;) sometimes I sneak in ones that he 'doesn't like', though, and surprise him with how it can taste when cooked 'right'....Heh.

37 miles sounds like a lot to me! Careful with that knee!

Popular Posts