Earning His Keep

We definitely enjoyed our little vacation to my grandparents' summer cabin in Washington. Sometimes, it's just nice to be out in nature, yet not have to set up a whole camp. As usual, I could use a few more days out of town, but it will be nice to check some things off the to do list before I get back to work.

At the cabin, the manfriend earned his birthday keep by using up the chainsaw gas and sweating a lot.

After he sawed up the logs, I stacked them up. My grandparents use a lot of wood for their outdoor morning fires during the summer and indoor fires in the winter when they come to the cabin occasionally. Each summer, stacks of wood need to be dried for the coming winter and summer.

I wrote a few blog posts with a pen and paper while at the cabin and then transferred them to the computer later when I had internet access.

After some wood work and time by the fire, we headed out for an early bird birthday dinner for the manfriend at the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor. No matter what time you go, this place is always busy.

The Tides is one of my grandparents' favorite restaurants and has a great menu of food and beverages. It's the kind of place you wish was in your home town because it has just the perfect atmosphere and variety of menu options.


The icing on the cake is that the tavern sits on the water so you get to watch boats come in and out as you eat. People can even park at the dock and order from their boats!

Nacho appetizer to share - amazing

I had a smoked salmon salad and some summer ale that was miiighty tasty.

After dinner, we walked around town and found some ice cream before walking along the docks and checking out an outdoor public music concert. Happy 34th Birthday, manfriend!

It's good to be home, but there's something to be said for small town living. Do you have any fun/relaxing vacations planned this summer?

Comments

Scarlett said…
Looks like an amazing trip and your granparents are adorable!
Oh my gosh, your grandparents are just adorable!! What a fun get away for you guys. I bet they adore manfriend for cutting all that wood up for them! How nice of him!

Popular Posts