Chocolate, Please: Week 23

Our What to Expect When You're Expecting book says I'm officially in month six of the pregnancy. Holy cow! Somehow, month six seems so much further along than 24 weeks does. Funny how that works, eh?

Here's a look back on week 23...

How I'm feeling: The belly seems to be growing almost daily. Sleep is mostly good and I typically have to get up just once a night to use the restroom. My low back was pretty cranky with me this week, so I called my massage therapist for an appointment. I had to lay on my side during the massage, but other than that, it was just as relaxing as always.

Baby: is the size of a grapefruit (~10.5 to 11.8 inches, 12.7 to 20.8 ounces) and is moving a ton.

Weight gained: 14 lbs


Exercise: I decided that I really need to stick to running every other day if I want to stick with it a while longer. My pelvis area just seems a lot happier with more rest. I've been incorporating Gina's winter shape-up workouts into my weeks, which has been a fun change. For the HIIT workouts, I'm making modifications as necessary.

What I'm wearing: For a few weeks now, jackets have been getting a bit tighter, but I've started wearing them unzipped most of the time because they are more comfortable that way.

I ordered a few pair of LOFT maternity jeans (50% off!), which should arrive soon. It will be so nice to have another pair or two to wear.

Baby preparations: I searched for cribs online, bought a new pillow for between my knees as I'm trying not to buy a Snoogle, and I started working on our baby registry, which is harder than it seems.

Cravings: As noted above, I may or may not be craving chocolate these days. While I'm normally a sweets girl, I rarely give in to full on treats. This week, I purchased some chocolate crackle cookies at our local market and then a few days ago, I bought some Coconut Bliss dark chocolate ice cream. Yum.

Tell me, how's your week going? What's the best thing you've made this week? 

Meal of the week for us? These meatballs over rice noodles and zucchini.

Pregnancy announcement
The First Trimester
The Second Trimester: Weeks 14 and 15
The Second Trimester: Weeks 16 and 17
The Second Trimester: Weeks 18 and 19
The Second Trimester: Week 20
The Second Trimester: Week 21
The Second Trimester: Week 22

Comments

Trisha said…
I'm in that same boat of not wanting to fork over money for a Snoogle, but my back has been killing me from sleeping on my side consistently. I decided to give our "decorative" bed pillow a try and it's totally been working. It's really just a king sized pillow but I'm not very tall, especially when curled up on my side so it's been working for me. We're expecting twins so I've been trying to save in every possible area and this one has been a successful savings decision thus far. Just some friendly advice in case your new pillow doesn't work out. ;)
Lindsey said…
I agree, 6 months sounds much further along than 24 weeks!

You're bump is so cute! I'm hoping to do one of Gina's shape up programs this summer once I can exercise again. I think that would be a great way to get back in shape post baby!

That dark chocolate ice cream is my favorite...
Elizabeth said…
Sounds like things are continuing along :) Glad you were able to get a massage in!
Amber said…
You look so cute!

I made these amazing brownies this weekend (and actually JUST now remembered I totally forgot to bring them to work today which was my plan, darn it!) http://www.peanutbutterrunner.com/salted-fudge-brownies-the-best-brownie-recipe-ever/

Anyways they were super easy and SO good, highly recommend the recipe!
6 months does sound further along that 24 weeks! Dang it seems like your pregnancy is going fast but I guess it's easy for me to say that since I am not the one dealing with all of the changes!

We have not cooked much this week since we were traveling, but we did grill our dinner on Saturday night and last night I threw together a quick dinner which was nice because I am SO SICK of eating out!

Popular Posts