No fracture here...

just some tendonitis. Overall, that's good news. It means I can still run once I get this whole pain in my foot thing taken care of. I have three physical therapy appointments scheduled before Whidbey Island so that should help, but probably won't solve all my problems.

As for the marathon in four or so weeks, I'm taking it one step at a time, literally. Trying to think of the positives here and hope for a full recovery and the ability to run the half, if not full marathon. We'll see. It definitely won't be a Boston Qualifier, but if the foot is healed for the most part, I know I could tough it through 26 miles.

Does this three week hiatus I've been forced to take have me a little panicked about the upcoming race? Why yes, yes it does. But you know, there's not a whole lot I can do about it. Plus, I know I had built up pretty good base in my training prior to the injury (a few 18-19 milers). And, I've done a little bit of jogging (but mostly cycling and aqua jogging-gah!)here and there, even when I shouldn't have. And by a little bit I mean, no more than three miles at a time doing some sort of 1 min jogging/1 min walking scheme. After all, there's only so long you can force a runner NOT to run.

And as for those of you in the east dealing with that massive snow storm, I just want to say that today in Oregon I see blue skies, sunshine and weather in the 50s. Just sayin'...

Comments

Unknown said…
Yippee!! Great news! So happy for you it's not cracked!!
Anonymous said…
I have tendinitis in both of my wrists and when it starts flaring up, I can barely move my hands! So I can imagine having it in your foot would make even walking a painful experience! Glad to hear that it wasn't more serious, though! Glad to hear you had a good time in the MRI machine, too! Haha, you're a funny one, Mother Hen! :)
Anonymous said…
Yeah, today was one of those days where I'm glad I have cute snowboots. And a warm hat. And a big scarf. Their promised snow came with a vengeance out here, yes siree.

So glad you're not broken! I bet you pull through just fine, and make up for all those missed days in no time. Good luck!
Anonymous said…
haha WHY am I not on the west coast where I belong?!! Seriously. It Barely snows all winter and then out of nowhere we have 8+ inches over night! ugggghhhhh.

anyway. VERY glad you don't have any broken/cracked bones! I think, given your motivation and your "base", you'll be just fine for the race (given the foot is feelin better!). it may not be a PR, but you still have a lot to be proud of!un

Popular Posts