Change it is a coming...

Today I wanted to take fashion to a political level. Jessica Schroeder at What I Wore always inspires me to think outside the box, but I rarely do, especially when I'm standing in front of my closet just willing an outfit to jump out at me. Workwise, I often end up throwing on a sweater and black pants, neither of which I'm all that happy with. But it helps when I have an idea of where to start and my black pencil skirt is often that piece.


























So, in What I Wore style...

Scarf: Target
Pearls: Art Museum
Cardigan: Target
Top: Banana Republic
Belt: Target
Skirt: Express
Heels: Etienne Aigner

Where: the office, election party

Why: Because I was so freaking excited for election day!

What happened tonight was so big it's still hard for me to comprehend. I never imagined I would be moved to tears by an election. But when history was made and Obama started speaking, I felt nothing but pride, hope and joy for our country and the future ahead. It looks so bright it hurts. It's nice to finally feel like you've put your trust in a good man who is ready to follow through on his promises. Now if only I could do that in relationships...

Thank you for getting out there and voting!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I almost wore a red shirt yesterday and then was like waaaait a minute. Nope, I need to wear blue!! Gotta support "Change" :) political fashion is where it's at. cuuute outfit!

Popular Posts