Hail to Pitt!

All in all, Pittsburgh was good to this girl. I have to give the city props for being MUCH nicer than I expected. Oregonians (or maybe just this one) tend to think that greenery is hard to find anywhere else in the U.S. Well, I was proven wrong. Pittsburgh is pretty lush and has some gorgeous sights to be seen.

A few highlights...

It's insane number of impressive bridges












Home plate from Forbes Field that is encased in one of the Univ. of Pitt buildings. It's where Babe Ruth hit his last home run and apparently students are supposed to jump on it three times for good luck during finals.











Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens in Shinley Park












Entertaining pillows (soft) and (firm) in my hotel room












And stately buildings that you don't see on the west coast


As for the greasy, unhealthy food options, I'll take NW cuisine any day. I'm glad to be back where salads do not include french fries and cheese on top. Let's just say, that was an interesting experience.

Luckily, I managed to wake my butt up at the crack of dawn to get an hour or so workout in every morning. It's always tough to maintain a regular diet during conferences when they're feeding you troughs of ice cream after each meal and snacks in between. Some of us don't have much willpower when sugar is set in front of us for no extra charge.

Comments

Anonymous said…
told ya it had lots of bridges! :) I'm so glad you liked my home-away-from-home. this was a good time of year to go, middle of the winter...not so much. But it's so pretty in the summer & fall.
hopefully something I do brings me to Oregon at some point, I've never been on the Northern west coast...sad day.

Popular Posts