Oregon Represents

You know those moments you think "I'm going to remember this for the rest of my life." That was my Monday night. The men's 800m final at the Olympic Track & Field Trials. My mom and I were in the stands to watch 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish and all represent Oregon on their journey to Beijing.



1st-Nick Symmonds (Willamette University grad and training with Oregon Track Club Elite)
2nd-Andrew Wheating (sophomore at UO who never ran in high school)
3rd-Christian Smith (from Kansas, but training with Oregon Track Club Elite)



For two laps, the entire crowd stood to watch our hometown University of Oregon runner, Andy Wheating come in second behind the amazing Nick Symmonds, while Christian Smith literally leaps and trips into his third place position. It was truly an amazing race. Mom and I couldn't stop screaming and neither could Andy's parents. And this my friends, is what track fans live for. To watch the race, click here!

Comments

Popular Posts