Business casual...barf

You know how a good outfit can just make your day? Ok, and maybe the fact that the forecast says it's going to be 87? Well, I'm having one of those days.

Truth be told, I loathe trying to get dressed for work every day. Business casual is my enemy. What I want to be wearing is the entire JCrew catalog, but my budget doesn't allow for that. Plus, being an athlete and being injured to boot, all I want to wear are my Nikes, black running pants and a sweatshirt. But today, after several outfit changes, I was shockingly pleased (and comfortable) with my outfit. That's all...nothing special.

Never mind that my back still hurts from the deep tissue massage I had yesterday morning. I'm trying to sit up straight at my desk and ice a lot. One of the not so fabulous things about being injured is that the body tries to compensate and protect the injury and in my case, keep most of my weight on one leg and tighten every single muscle in my back. All of this matters not when what you're wearing makes you happy enough to write a post about it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a better person than I! It is rainy and icky here in the South and knowing that my bosses would be out of the office, I chose the workout capris and sweatshirt route today. BTW, I love the blog and have been lurking for months now with no comments :)
Jamie said…
Cute outfit!!!
Kat, thanks for delurking, as they say!
Anonymous said…
cuuuute! Business Casual is no fun, I agree. J Crew = muuuuch better. and more comfortable.
Britni said…
I hate having to get dressed up every morning. I'd love to get dressed if I could afford the clothes I want, but that just doesn't work like you said. So I roll out of bed and get dressed without thinking too much about what I wear now. It's not the best route to take.

Popular Posts