Saturday Scenes

Saturdays are probably my favorite day of the week. By noon, I've often done a few hours of sweating, had some decent time outside and downed some of my favorite carbs. 

Lately, I've lacked the inspiration or creativity to find a ton to write about here. I know that life (and creativity) goes in waves, so I'm okay with it, but sometimes the one thing I need to do is write and yet, nothing comes out. Anyway, it's Saturday, I'm well caffeinated and the sun is OUT, as in, it's going to be 80 freaking degrees today!

So, with that let's just celebrate the weekend, mkay?!

"Runnin' down a dream..." because it's all I could think about as I was running with the sun this morning. 

My love for neon clothing isn't going away anytime soon. 

View from the bike path


Pete's preparation for a 110 mile bike ride (crossing my fingers he's doing just fine)


And there he goes, pockets loaded...


Coffee walk post yoga


Trees


When I miss Saturday morning yoga, I'm always reminded the following week just how healing it is for the soul. I know that sounds all touchy feely, but it's true.

Kira's yoga class is one of the rare moments I let my body and mind truly appreciate the benefits of letting go, slowing down and accepting myself as I am. No matter what stress from the week I bring into that room Saturday morning, I feel like it's been poured out of me after 75 minutes.

Not only that, after 75 minutes, my hamstrings finally have a little bit of what they deserve - a serious stretch! Must. stretch. more. 

I'm excited for May and what it brings and am looking forward to being really proactive about crossing some more things off the wedding checklist (which seems endless).

Nearing the end of A Practical Wedding, I came across this quote from a bride she interviewed, which really resonated with me. "A wedding is not just 'your day,' it is a day to celebrate the lives you were born into, the ones you've made, the ones you continue to build."

The closer we get to {the BIG day}, the more important it is for me to be reminded that while yes, the details are nice, the details are NOT what this day is about. What are you up to this weekend?

Comments

Wow! You are getting some gorgeous weather! That is awesome. It has been mostly overcast and rainy for the past week or so here, and it's been unseasonably cool. It's good studying weather but I am ready to see the sun again.

I am having a very quiet weekend. I'm studying 6 hours a day this weekend (and every weekend until the test), so I don't have much going on. I made a baked ziti dish tonight, that will probably be the highlight of my weekend. I know I sound like a Debbie Downer, but I am definitely pretty lonely these days. It will be better after the test when I can make more of an effort to meet people.
Tasha Malcolm said…
I love Saturday too. I was really tired this weekend though and slept in until 10 am on Saturday. Ooops. The only thing on my agenda was a run and meeting our friends at 5 pm for some good local brews. The weather has been so fantastic so far. I am loving it!
Anonymous said…
Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
If you know of any please share. Many thanks!

my website; acoustic guitar chords for beginners

Popular Posts