Super Bowl Eats

Let's be honest, I didn't really care who won the Super Bowl, but I do enjoy watching the game a bit and seeing the commercials and halftime. 

I don't know about you, but I felt like the commercials and halftime were better than they have been in the past. Granted, there are still the terrible GoDaddy commercials, but what can you do??

The manfriend and I watched from home so I made a few healthy snacks to enjoy. As requested, I whipped up a seven layer dip.

First layer: refried beans


Second layer: non fat greek yogurt with a little taco seasoning mixed in


Third layer: chopped green and red bell peppers and onion

Fourth layer: mild salsa (unpictured). I forgot a few items here and there and had to unlayer and then relayer. It happens.


Fifth layer: romaine lettuce


Sixth layer: shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese


Seventh layer: Guacamole (Trader Joe's) also unpictured because it wasn't exactly pretty. The layers got a bit mixed up with the guac on top, but it tasted good and that's what really matters! 


And finally, carrots and Trader Joe's hummus for some munchin'.

We polished off most of the seven layer dip with chips and had lots of carrots so neither of us were hungry for dinner.

How was your Super Bowl spread? And what was your favorite commercial (if you watched)? Mine was a tie between the Clint Eastwood Detroit Chrysler commercial (hello, powerful voice) and the Budweiser end of prohibition commercial. Honorable mention: Google Chrome.

Comments

Jessica Jarrell said…
Your seven layer dip sounds delicious! My favorite commercial was the M&M's at the party, which I was surprised didn't really get buzzed about. I guess I have strange taste :)
Amber said…
I LOVE seven layer dip but I've never thought to make it myself. I'm going to have to try this recipe, it sounds delicious and relatively easy!!
Ricole said…
I hate go daddy commercials ! It pisses me off that Jillian Michaels stooped to their level!
I actually made 7-layer dip for the Superbowl as well! We tried to make a healthier version (similar to yours) but I still ate quite a lot :)

I hate to admit it, but I was a fan of the True Blood/Twilight-esque Audi commercial.
Yum! I love layed dips like that. :)

I went to a superbowl party, but it was a work event... so I can't say I really saw much of a game - or a single commercial. Instead I spent the whole time making my rounds, introducing myself to others, and marveling at the fact that I was the only girl in our group. It was me and 30 men. Talk about a lack of diversity!!

Popular Posts