Over the River and Through the Woods

Today, we were in for a treat! Lonn, one of the local veteran runners (super generous and an all around great guy) puts on this 10K each year for his friends. 

We drove through the fog this morning at 7:15 am to park at a local golf course where the race begins. There were both 4 mile and 10K options and it was said to be "the hardest 10K in Lane County." 


We were told to wear our brightest colors with the fog and all, so I did.

Manfriend tied jingle bells to his shoes - everyone had them on.

About 65+ runners and walkers showed up for this unofficial race. We all donated food or money to the local food bank - over 400 lbs of food and $725 in donation!


Crazy pants were present!

Freezing cold fingers and toes were everywhere. Mine remained so for the first three miles.
 We ran over the river...
 and through the woods!

And up a few decent hills! I think I found a new area to train at for some harder long runs.

The manfriend kicked my butt per the usual with a ~47 min finish while I came in around 52 minutes.

I forgot my watch at home this morning so I really had no clue what pace I was running. Luckily, it wasn't too shabby. All that mattered was that I enjoy some scenic miles to work off the soon to be devoured cinnamon rolls...

I didn't take photos of the food, but we sure feasted! Lonn and his family had homemade cinnamon rolls, hot cocoa and coffee, cookies, brownies, smoked ribs and pulled pork, oranges, champagne, etc.

But I did take a photo of these adorable little mice ornaments. Too cute to handle.

After some eating and hanging out, there were prizes given out in the "game" room. I won a $25 gift cert. to the Running Warehouse and some local honey.

And finally, we were shuttled back to our cars. Such a fun experience. I feel blessed to be part of a running community with so many caring, amazing people. Happy weekend! 

Comments

Amber said…
That looks and sounds really fun!! What a great way to raise money before the holidays and to get everyone together!
Nice work, you two! What a great cause. Man friend is so fast!!
Lindsey said…
The game room looks crazy! That's a lot of food and money donated... very cool. It looks like it was a fun run!
Haley said…
lovely foggy photos!

Popular Posts