Let there be pizza!

The truth is, there's nothing better than a homemade pizza. Sure you can enjoy restaurant pizzas, but they're not the same as the ones you kneed with your own two hands, chop the veggies and place on your very own.

Plus, your homemade pizzas can be shaped into crazy things you never intended...like the state of Idaho or Nevada? The perfectionist in me doesn't love when the pizza dough won't make one happy circle, but you can't fight the dough. Sometimes, it just has a mind of it's own.

Here's what I suggest:
Trader Joe's garlic and herb pizza dough
your choice marinara/pizza sauce
pepperoni
veggies (I used red peppers, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives)
mozarella
a little ground black pepper
a few shakes of red pepper flakes
corn meal for the pan before you place the crust
*For best results, cook dough for a few min before adding anything. Assemble pizza and bake 10 min at 450 deg.

As divine as it smells when you pull it out of the oven, be sure to give it a few minutes to cool before slicing.

Manfriend and I enjoyed our pizza while watching the Miss USA pageant. It was much less entertaining than I remember it and the evening gowns...ugh.

Well, back to the grind! This was the first weekend that really felt like summer for me. It seemed like it could last forever, until it didn't. ;) Happy Monday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I totally forgot about putting cornmeal on the pan - good call!! That *does* look divine :)

p.s. on a completely unrelatd note - thanks for the Yoga tip! Obviously we went, and it was a lot of fun :)
I agree! I love ALL kinds of pizza but homemade is the best :) I have a SUPER easy recipe for making your own flatbread too. It feels amazing to make the whole thing from scratch (and I could eat it every night)!! Yours looks amazing :)

Sues
Gracie said…
Homemade pizza is my fast food! I make my own crust - whole wheat, no rising time needed - and I always add crushed red pepper and basil to the dough. If you let the sauce sit on the dough while you chop your veggies you'll get crust similar to store-bought. Start to finish takes about a half hour. Yours looks delic!

Popular Posts