Book nerd review

Body Broken, a memoir by Lynne Greenberg

I picked this off the shelves when I was looking for a few other good books at my local library. I'm also in the midst of Pride and Prejudice, but this one is due this week er, yesterday so I've been busting my rear to finish it.

Within the first 30 pages, the main character gets in a serious car accident at the age of 19. She breaks her neck and doctors miraculously find that it all heals properly. After going on with her life, getting married and having two children, one day she suddenly feels a twinge in her neck. The pain spirals downhill from there and leaves her nearly bedridden, damaging her relationships with her husband and children as well as her career as a college professor.

I won't give it all away, but things begin to look up. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone. The next memoir on my list is A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg. Has anyone read this, besides my girl Siri?

And I don't know about anyone else, but temps in the NW are beyond freezing. This morning it was 10 degrees when I walked the dog. Some of you midwesterners might be thinking "PSH! That's nothin'!" But here, it just does not happen. Last night's run was frigid. I was under dressed. My hands were ice, even with gloves on. It made me think "I can run in rain and snow, but I will NOT again run in 10 deg windy weather."

Comments

Anonymous said…
ten degrees?! Eff, thats reeeeally cold!

I heart Memoirs - it makes more sense to me to read Non-fiction books. I feel like I'm learning more? :) Idk. Have you read "the glass castle" by jeanette walls? whoa, So intense/good.
I'm going to add that to my list of to-reads. Sounds like a great book.

I read & really loved Molly's book. It's a quick, fun read and the recipes are great!

I live in MN but I will say this - 10 degrees is cold. Esp if that is way colder than your avg temps.
YIKES...this morning it was 8 deg when I walked the dog.
Trials-I've been wanting to read the glass castle. Oh where does the time go??

Popular Posts