Yummy salmon marinade

I've been trying to eat fish a bit more often since it's pretty much the one thing on all the "Top 10 things to eat to __________" (avoid cancer, stay healthy, maintain your weight, etc) lists that I don't eat on a daily basis. It's not that I don't like fish, I do. But it's hard to find good quality, fresh fish AND you have to plan for it. It's not like you can just buy the fish on Sunday, shove it in the fridge and wait until the end of the week to cook it.

Anyway, the last few times I've made salmon I have used this recipe, which is quick and easy and has ingredients you usually have in your kitchen already (which is always a plus)! Thanks to the Food Network that always comes through for me when I'm in a recipe bind, here it is. I hope you enjoy!

Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon Fillets

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets
Salt and ground black pepper
Cooking spray

In an oiled shallow baking dish, combine lemon juice, Dijon, honey, and lemon zest. Stir together. Season both sides of salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place in the baking dish. Flip salmon to coat in glaze. Bake immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.*

When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake 10 minutes or until fish is fork-tender.

* I definitely do not have time to wrap and refrigerate the sucker for 3 hours so I just bake immediately and usually throw in a few veggies during the last 10 minutes.

And being that I just cook for lil ole me, I cut this recipe in half and then save half of the fillet of salmon for the next day's lunch or dinner. Yum Yum!

Comments

M said…
hey- thanks for checking in with my blog and commenting! for the record, salmon is one of my favorite foods. thanks for the recipe!

oh, and the dress? 20 bucks at Old Navy. having other male triathletes check you out in the bike transition? priceless.

hee hee hee
Anonymous said…
I Loooove Salmon! Just made it the other night, it's so easy. I'll have to try this recipe next time, I usually just go with olive oil and some salt/pepper, sometimes teriyaki marinade :) that's yummyyy too
Rachel H. said…
I love Salmon! This recipe sounds delicious! I'm going to have to give it a shot!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh, this sounds yummy and fairly easy to make. I like that there are not over 12 ingredients for the salmon.


My lazy way of making salmon is to coat one side with powdered vegetable stock and grill it.

Delicious!

x

Cara
Anonymous said…
I'm totally printing this off and saving it. Possibly even laminating it. It looks so tasty! Good salmon is one of the things I miss the most, living now as I do on the seafood-substandard east coast.

Popular Posts