September + Pumpkin Loaf

I never really do these overviews of the month, but I thought it would be fun.

The past few weeks, I've learned how much I really do LOVE this time of year. Sure, it's getting colder, but the sun is still making a regular appearance. The crisp air, the change of leaves, the opportunity to bundle up - what's not to love?

September was a fabulous month!

I ran my second 50K and holy whoa did a lot of people read that post! Special shout to Tina for linking it up. I know I love reading about others' epic adventures and hearing so much great feedback reminds me that this running and racing thing really is exciting.

I'm looking forward to doing some shorter, fun races and maybe spectating one or two (heaven for bid)!

Miles run: 147

Hours yoga'd: 4

Days Strength Trained: 9

Rest days: 2 (whoops)

One thing I determined I DIDN'T do enough of this summer was drink beer. You could say the whole running thing got in the way of my summer imbibing.

It's okay, though. The northwest has its share of amazing microbrews so we'll be enjoying them when we can.

And now to the good stuff - Mama Pea's Pumpkin Streusel Loaf!
Saturday I went to the store (after the farm) with one main ingredient in mind: pumpkin. I picked up a huge can of Libby's and headed home.

If there's one food I can't get enough of in the fall/winter, it's baked goods with pumpkin, molasses or ginger inside.

This recipe is great because it's fairly healthy, has good flavor and just enough sweet. 



Beware, you might as well make a double batch because this loaf won't last long.

I'm already thinking this would be a great recipe to make (double batch) and bring to friends who just had their second baby. Or really anyone who needs a little sweetness in their life.

*My alterations to the recipe: 1/2 whole wheat flour, 1/2 oat flour and 1/4 c pure maple syrup subbed for sucanat. 

Next up I want to make one of those recipes I've been pinning. That will be a miracle if it ever happens.

Has anyone actually made a recipe/craft project/etc from something you found on pinterest?

Comments

In my "Am I the only one" post a couple of weeks ago, I should have added, Am I the only one not on pinterest? I mean, even my 64 year old mom is on there!

There is little to no baking/cooking happening in my houes as I have been gone so much, and it's not going to get any better any time soon. I did make vegetarian chili last Thursday which I found on the daily garnish blog and it was SO EASY and SO GOOD!
Lindsey said…
I have been enjoying fall this year too! Probably because the weather has still been so nice.

I pinned a recipe for pumkin spice lattes last year and made it! But I didn't like it very much, and I think that's the only recipe I have ever made that I have pinned.
Raquelita said…
I'm not on Pinterest, so I can't speak to that. However, that pumpkin loaf looks delicious, and I always support drinking a microbrew.
Elizabeth said…
Agreed--weather has remained gorgeous here in Oregon! And you're right--you should get your brew on--there's always the Holiday Ale Fest at Pioneer Square in downtown PDX coming up :) But you made awesome mileage so I think the trade off was worth it. And yep, I've tackled a few pinterest outfits, recipes, home project. Lots of great ideas on there! In fact, I just "followed" you :)

Popular Posts