Working out makes Mondays manageable

Friday afternoon brought sun. Sun that told me "you cannot go to a workout class indoors." Luckily, I had motivation to do a workout so I headed home, put on my workout clothes and cycling shorts and headed off for an hour ride in the sun. It was relaxing and my pale legs thanked me for the chance to finally see the world again. After the ride I got home and made the awesome black bean tomato quinoa recipe that the boyfriend loved. So much so that he told me "I think this is the best thing you've ever made for me." And that's saying a lot because I've made him some pretty awesome dinners and desserts in the past few months, if I do say so myself.

Saturday morning I went to an Athletic Nia class for 90 min, which combined dancing, weights and a little bit of yoga. It was fun and silly, but a nice break for the knees next to running. Has anyone else tried Nia?

Sunday after a biiiig Easter brunch (and two donuts-boys are bad influences), the man friend, the dog and I headed out for a nice hike in the hills. After brunch we could have easily fallen into a food induced coma/nap, but I forced him to come with me and burn off some of those quiche, donut, coffee cake, mimosa calories from brunch. Near the top of the butte we stopped to take a brief rest and enjoy the view (and the house of my dreams).

Tonight I went to a 75 min Lifeforce Fit class, which included yoga, strength training and resistance moves, heart pumping and sweating activities (like jumping lunges and squat and jumps) and more stretching. Then I came home and did a 20 min ExerciseTv Biggest Loser workout and a 10 min 6packabs workout. Needless to say, I can feel the soreness already in my hamstrings and butt. Lunges will really do that to ya.

On an unrelated note, I want to know...what do you feel about moving in with someone you're dating? When's the right time? How did you know? How can you be sure it won't damage what you have? And do you feel like one of you sacrifice more in your relationship?

Update (Tues): Had a great convo with the ladies about this topic tonight. Although I'm not ready to move in, all this discussion made me realize I need to speak up a bit more. Say what I'm feeling. After all, you're in a relationship to share something, not just to be content. Sharing means exposing stuff that's not always pretty and perfect and happy. Sometimes it's hard and it hurts and it means telling him he needs to make the effort I'm so desperately craving for him to realize on his own.

Comments

Amber said…
Good job on the workouts!

I've been living with Eric on and off since I was 18!! We would live together in the summers then live apart during the school year when we lived in different cities and went to different colleges. We've been living together permanently since September. I love living with him, but it's definitely changed our relationship.

I think living together takes some of the excitement out of a relationship. We don't really go on special "dates" anymore, because we see each other ALL the time. That's something we're going to work on this summer. Plus, it's nice to take little breaks every once in a while. I'm in FSJ right now visiting family and won't see him for 2.5 weeks and even though I kind of miss him, it's nice to have the opportunity to miss him, you know?

I think that living with someone can definitely have it's ups and downs, but overall I LOVE living with Eric and wouldn't want to have it any other way :-)

Does this mean you and the man friend are considering moving in together?!?
sneakersister said…
I've never heard of Nia. I'll have to look into that.

That whole moving in together question is huge! First of all, let me tell you that at the age of 23 I was living with my boyfriend, and did the same with all subsequent boyfriends (if that tells you anything right there in answer to your question) until by the age of 30 I had had enough. This is when I met my husband, he wanted me to move in and I refused. I said if he wanted me to move in with him then he had to give me a ring. I think that is probably when he started shopping for a diamond. It took me a long time and a lot of heartache to learn my lesson but I had finally gotten it right. For me. That is key. You have to figure out what is right for you. Maybe moving in together is a good move. But you both have to be on the same page. Are you thinking of marriage? Is he? Is the relationship just for fun? (I'm sorry, I don't know much about your relationship.) As long as you are on the same page then things will work out great. The only reason I say that is because I was with the boyfriends that I lived with for 2-3 years and thinking we were going to get married. Obviously they weren't thinking the same thing.

Good luck. Moving in together is very exciting.
Thanks for the advice ladies. The man friend has mentioned a few times jokingly "so, when are you going to move in?" And although he says it as a joke, I know it's serious. It would make things a lot easier (not having to lug my life around in bags, unpacking and repacking every few days), but at the same time I don't just want to move in and lose the fun of the relationship. The hard part is that I enjoy being at his house more than mine and he knows it so he doesn't make the effort to spend the night at my house during the week. He has a dog so I know that adds complication into the mix, but it's still frustrating. For now, I'm staying put, but it's nice to feel wanted.
Anonymous said…
you are all over those workouts!! so impressive. :) I love how much you switch it up.

that house is - wow - gooorgeous.

can't say I have "moved in" with someone. but the ex (hm, still sounds weird) and I lived together for a summer. Not gonna lie - it was stressful, but I think mostly because we were still in college, it wasn't planned out extremely well, and honestly? We weren't ready. BUT - this is definitely a big decision and depends entirely on how you Feel and what you're ready for. I know you'll make the right choice.

AND - last thing :) - tagged you on my blog today!! xoxo
Shoshanah said…
My boyfriend started unofficially living with me about a year after we started dating. He wasn't actually living there, but spent most nights at my apartment. When we officially moved in together after dating for about 2 years, it wasn't that much of a change from the ways thing already were.

Popular Posts