Marathon or bust, baby!

My bags are packed and I'm leaving on the red eye tonight for the east coast! Destination: Portland, ME and then on to Burlington, VT for the Vermont City Marathon. A few high school friends (most of the Moab 1/2 Marathon crew) and I are flying out together and meeting the rest of the gang in Maine for a fun weekend of running, hanging out and laughing. Two of the girls are foregoing the marathon (smart idea) to cheer us on and take photos instead. I haven't been to either state before so it should be fun! Ben & Jerry's...here we come. And other than my crippled granny body, I'm pretty optimistic about the whole thing.

Oh, and I'm getting sick of my hair, as I always do when I let it grow out. Having stick straight hair doesn't leave you many options, although I know I shouldn't be complaining because people tell me they would die for it. I, on the other hand, would rather have a mass of curls on my head, but the grass is always greener on the other side. In addition, I've been itching to dye it (I'm a hair dye virgin) just to spice it up a bit, but I'm a little too safe and reliable for that. Usually, I just ask for a short trim and if I'm feeling really creative, maybe a few layers. We'll see what happens next time I roll on into the salon. Who knows, maybe I'll just work up the courage to get a little crazy and let her have at it?

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
GOOD LUCK!!!! You'll do amazing, I'm sure. Can't wait to hear about it, I bet it's beautiful back there with everything turning green again. I'll *cross my fingers* that it's good weather for you!
Britni said…
Sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck! On the hair dying thing, beware. Once you dye or highlight it, you'll never go back, and it gets expensive!! If your hair looks good naturally leave it that way.
Anonymous said…
Speaking as a curly girl, yes, the grass is always greener. I have two sisters with hair a lot like yours, and I spend years trying to emulate that look. The result: a lot of truly heinous school pictures. Just learn to love what you've got, I guess is the moral.

Hope you're having an amazing time at the marathon! Definitely indulge on some of that B&J's as a reward...

Popular Posts