Bring it.

I'm happy to say that the taper is finally OVER. It's time to run this thing!

Today was a perfect day in Eugene spent trying to distract myself from the 26.2 miles I'll be conquering tomorrow. 

The manfriend had a bike race on a "roubaix" course, which means there is a good section of gravel (1.5 miles) that makes it easy for riders to have bike malfunctions or lose the pack. The manfriend was rocking it until a rock (or something like it) caused him to flat. 

Luckily, he was able to switch out wheels and finish, but it wasn't what he had hoped for.

My feet were really happy to see the sun before being shoved in sweaty running shoes for hours.


In between bike races, I booked it back to the race expo for round 2 to see some out of town runners/bloggers, chat with Lindsey and listen to pro athletes Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas talk about training, supporting each other, nutrition and more. 

More time spent pretending I'm not nervous for this thing. 

I'm now sufficiently hydrated, carb loaded and ready for bed. Shout out to the manfriend for cooking dinner so I could put the legs up for a bit! 

Eugene, I'm ready for you. 


I feel more tapered than I ever have and ready to run this thing. It better pay off. Just sayin'...I don't avoid sweat for nothin'. I'm aiming for a PR, ready or not. 

Tomorrow's motto: Be unstoppable. <-- Found it on my Halls Vitamin C and Echinacea wrapper. Yep, inspiration in every little drop.

Comments

Good luck! You are going to rock it! Have fun!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Run strong today!! Keep that PR goal in your head, every step of the way. You've got this.
You can do it! I'll be tracking you and cheering you on from Minnesota! You are so strong, healthy, and ready for it. It's going to be a great race, I just know it!
Karen said…
I bet you have finished by now... but I hope it went well and was enjoyable and that you got your PR! Can't wait to read the race report.

PS- What kind of Shot Blocks are those and are they good? I got one flavor of chews (diff. brand) that was gross and now I am afraid to try out new flavors!
Karen - I think they were cran raspberry or something, but I also like the cherry flavor of Shot Blocks. They are great because they don't seem to mess with my stomach like gu does at times.

Thanks everyone! I'll have an update on the blog in the next day or two.
Amber said…
I already know how AMAZING your race went for you and can't wait to hear a full report!!!
Taylor B. said…
Looking forward to your race follow up post!!!!! POST ABOUT IT ALREADY! :)
Wow, I'm impatient... but I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear about it.

Congrats on EVERYTHING again! You are amazing lady!

Popular Posts