8 a.m.

So, like much of the working world, my hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a one hour lunch break. As an employee of an office on a University campus, I have to say that the whole 8 a.m. thing seems a bit rediculous. I mean come on, it's not like we're saving lives or ending world hunger. But alas, those are my hours.

Well, most mornings I arrive by 8:10 or 8:15 a.m. before most of the entire staff and stay until at least 5:30 and sometimes don't take a lunch. However, today my boss was here and decided to ask if I would just like to come in at 8:15 and leave at 5:15. I have to say I'm a little miffed. I mean if you know me, you know I'm a damn hard worker and commit myself 100% to anything I do. I have to say that him calling me out on a mere 15 minutes seems like a bit of a slam, especially when you feel like your time and efforts are already taken for granted. Our office seems to be in a constant state of turmoil and we are down three staff members so I have to say in the scheme of things coming in 15 min late doesn't really seem all that important.

Part of me understands I should be here at 8 a.m. to answer the one phone call that might come in and part of me is just pissed. So, here's to a productive day.

Comments

Popular Posts