Early Bird Strength Training

TGIF! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. My Friday hasn't been too shabby. I started it with a quick 20 min strength workout at my home gym (AKA our dining room).

While I'm a little tired at 6 a.m., it helps that I usually set out my sports bra, tank, shorts and socks on the dresser the night before. When the alarm goes off I don't have to think too much about what I need.

Lately, I've been just enjoying pulling up YouTube and choosing a few fun follow along workouts from some of my favorite fitness bloggers.

This morning I selected:
Then I took the dog for a quick walk/jog. Even on the mornings I'm running a bit behind, I feel like I owe it to Jonah Bell to get her outside for a few minutes of fresh air and exercise before she hangs out at home alone for the day.

 During an 8 mile hike on our mini moon

Because my current goal is simply to stay strong overall throughout this marathon training cycle, it's been nice to be a little more lenient with my strength workouts and mix it up a lot. In fact, that has probably been my key to rarely getting bored with exercise. Even if I'm running a lot, I mix in cross training and change up the locations, types and distances of my runs often.

I've also been inspired by Peanut Butter Runner's smoothies as of late and made a fruit, almond and spinach smoothie this morning. Ingredients included: 1 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen blue berries, 3 ice cubes, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder, handful of almonds, a handful of spinach and a little splash of vanilla and cinnamon. It kept me full for several hours!

Fashion Friday
I'm trying to get a little more wear out of some of my favorite warm weather duds as fall slowly starts to creep in. This week was super humid around the northwest so I was all about the skirts and dresses. Keeps it easy and comfortable!

A combo you've seen before...

 Please notice Jonah Bell to the right of me. She's not a fan of me leaving for work.

Love the colors and stripes of this dress and happy that my bridal shower dress has been multipurpose. Almost everything from these two outfits is LOFT.


In Other News
I'm still trying to kick this dizziness and possible sinus infection, but it seems to be getting a bit better. Oddly enough, I feel less dizzy when I'm running, jumping or sweating in general.

On deck this weekend I have: 9 miles at marathon goal pace (Sat) and 18-19 mile long run (Sun). Let's hope this week's long run is better than last week's sufferfest.

Do you have any favorite Youtubers you follow? Any favorite smoothie combos? I have to say, my favorite smoothies are when I dump in a nice glob of peanut butter. It just adds a little somethin' somethin'.

Comments

Bummer that you are still struggling with the dizziness. :( It could be a sinus infection as that is a side effect from that. I hope it clears up soon!

I haven't been doing much of anything these days. I'm back in the boot (on the other foot) so no cardio for me, and I have such bad tendinitis in my arms, strength training hasn't even been an option. I had been doing weekly pilates sessions but haven't been able to go the last 2 weeks because the pain in my arms is too bad. I am seriously falling apart.
Lindsey said…
Your strength training has always inspired me.

Are you feeling better? I hope your 19 miles went well today!

On the smoothie topic, I'm trying to perfect a chai smoothie that I had while we were in Hawaii. I made it last night and it wasn't as good as the one I had there.
Amber said…
I think you have a great approach to fitting in strength training while marathon training. Since I get up at 5:15 on the mornings I run I like to sleep until 6:30 on the mornings I don't, which doesn't really give me time to fit in a strength workout. However if I could just get out of bed 15 - 20 minutes earlier I could! So I need to just start forcing myself to get up. It is just SO HARD for me to get out of bed in the mornings haha. I like the idea of laying out your stuff the night before so it's right there to throw on

Popular Posts