Pregnancy: 32 Weeks

Happy Wednesday! This week, I'm 33 weeks along and wondering how much bigger this belly will get. Yesterday, I got my first "Are you sure there's not two in there?" comment, so clearly others are are having similar thoughts. ;) In other news, we're having a few amazing days of weather here (sunny and 70-80F). Now if only I could find my stretchy maternity skirt...

32 Weeks // April 2018

Thirty-two weeks. The week I started thinking of ALL THE THINGS I need to do before baby arrives.

 35 years. 32 weeks. 34 months. 

You know what's cathartic for 5:00 a.m. anxiety insomnia? List making.

Want to know what's on my list of things to do? Things like... paint the boys room a fresh white (I wanted to do that 2 years ago when we moved to this rental), wash and sort all the baby clothes, purge clothes I no longer like or wear, clean out the fridge & freezer, start making some meals and snacks to freeze, etc.

And then there's the constant thought of we should do X or Y before baby comes. Things like going to the coast again as a family of 3, have my brother take some family photos of us and go on a date night with Pete to the movies (we haven't been to the movie theater in 3 years - kids, man).

Highlight of the week: Our 32-week ultrasound! I was sort of wishy-washy about this appointment as to whether or not it was necessary. It's generally recommended for mamas of "advanced maternal age" (35 and over).

Anyway, bottom line is I'm really glad we had the ultrasound. The sonographer was fantastic this time compared to the one who did our 20-week ultrasound. Additionally, it was nice for Pete and Henry to be in the room with me and all three of us to get extra excited about our little guy making his arrival.

He looked healthy and no surprise, was measuring a little bigger than average (about a 1/2 lb heavier than average for gestational age). Henry was 9lb 3oz at birth, so it seems we have another larger baby on the way.

Otherwise, everything else looked good and there was no sign of the blood clot left from the bleeding I had at 13 weeks.

This week, my boss asked if I wanted to work into June at all and it was the first I really thought about it beyond thinking "I'm going to work up to my due date." Currently, I'm planning on working that first week in June, but we'll see!

Headed to dinner with my original running group gals

Baby is the size of a squash at 16-17" long and about 4-4.5 lb (although, this guy is a bit bigger it seems). Otherwise, baby is moving a LOT. It's crazy to feel how much movement they do in the womb. This week I even got a few sharp kicks up into my ribs, which didn't feel awesome.

Exercise: I fit in 3 longer morning walks this week, including 1 hike up Mt. Pisgah with a few mom friends. We took it slow with two of us pretty pregnant and one mama carrying her 3 month old, and it was awesome. Weight lifting was a little lighter this week with one longer session (30+ min) and one 10-min session.

32 week walk: not glamorous

Loved the morning light at Mt. Pisgah


Sleep: Like I mentioned, sleep has been mostly good until about 5:00 am, which would be fine if I weren't going to bed at nearly 11:00 pm. I would just really like to be getting that last 1-1.5 hrs of sleep. This week, I also woke up for the first time this pregnancy in the middle of the night because I was super hungry. I had some cereal and was able to fall back asleep a bit later.

Weight gained: 27 lb. I officially hit the total amount of weight gain I had gained with Henry's pregnancy this week. I really don't feel like I'm eating more or exercising significantly less, but it is what it is. I'm just bigger this time around.

Overall, I feel surprisingly good and "normal." I don't feel extremely tired or weighed down until the very end of the day, which I'm thankful for. Work is pretty busy (and exciting) right now as this is the week of the Eugene Marathon and we have a lot going on in terms of upcoming events, sales, a space at the expo and various projects I'm working on.

Okay, that's all for now. Time for coffee and breakfast! 


Flashback: 32 Weeks Pregnant with Henry (Yikes - I was already washing and folding baby laundry at this point last pregnancy!)

Comments

I wonder if the weight estimates will be right for you. They were so off for me but I was measuring small so it seemed unlikely that we would have a bigger baby. But I was 10 lbs at birth so I wondered if I would have a big baby. But I clearly didn’t and still don’t have a big baby as Paul is struggling to put on weight still :(.

I think you look new beautiful but I also know how not great you must feel. And getting comments about having twins in there sucks. I wish people would keep those comments to themselves.

I am glad your ultrasound was a better experience this time and that the SCH is gone! Woo hoo!
Amber said…
You look amazing! I too got comments about having twins. A$$holes. Ha. But, as you know, I also had a very big baby and though my delivery was very difficult in hindsight I'm happy she was so big as we had zero eating issues and she was an amazing sleeper right from the beginning (not so much once the 4 month sleep regression hit)

I'm so excited for your family!!

Popular Posts