Goodbye Gingham, Hello Danskos

It's been a while since I've done a fashion post here so I thought I'd share last Friday's outfit. It felt like my last opportunity to wear something sort of summery, so I did, white pants, gingham and all.

Top: Old Navy, Belt: JCrew Factory Store, Pants: JCrew

I was also loving the light that was filtering through our window shades that morning.

There's just something about it that makes me want to stay in bed all day and relax, but unfortunately, there are bills to be paid.

Well, this is probably one of the last fashion posts you'll see from me for a while. Once colder weather hits, my wardrobe gets pretty depressing and I become absolutely perplexed at what to wear to work.

Why I dislike fall/winter work wear:
  • it's never warm enough
  • pants rarely fit me well
  • cute, well fitting blazers are too expensive
  • I'm not good at layering
  • business appropriate shoes never feel comfy on my feet. Danskos, here I come!

But while I don't enjoy fighting my closet each morning, I absolutely love casual wear in the evenings and weekends. 

My favorite casual wear:
  • jeans
  • Fryes
  • rainboots
  • hoodies
  • cozy socks

Okay, fall, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. There are going to be some beautiful days ahead, but I just might look a little frumptastic in my Danskos and sweater piled on top of sweater.



Any tricks for dressing well in fall? What's your favorite item in your closet right now? The last item of clothing you purchased and got a heck of a deal on?

This gingham button down was actually on sale at Old Navy for $9.99 down from $24. It's always a nice reward for delaying a purchase when you see that little orange sticker or a sale sign. Happy Fashion Friday!

Comments

Leigh said…
Love that top! Did you buy it recently? I agree with you, not a big fan of winter dressing! I prefer summer as it's so simple to throw on a dress!
Leigh - Yes, I just got it a few weeks ago so you may be able to find it still in stores.
Amber said…
I actually LOVE dressing in the fall! Cardigans, skinny jeans, tights, boots, scarfs. Love!

I do not like the winter. At all. I tend to rotate the same variation of dress pants and a blouse/top for 4 months. Heh!
Lisa Fine said…
I am all about layers in fall. Long sleeves tops, cardigans, vests, scarves, and hats all appear frequently. I'm holding off on the boots for now though, and am sticking to my Danskos. :)
Shop Girl* said…
I love your outfit, and I'm with Amber--I LOVE dressing for fall! I love cardigans and fall scarves, and the colours... oh, the colours! Maybe you just need a little shopping spree to liven up your wardrobe and make it a bit more exciting for you. :)
I love that outfit - you are just too cute for words, Lauren! Really.

My fave fall outfit is skinny jeans, boots, and a cardigan. I also love blazers. They are pricey but they are cute when paired with the right top and they last forever!
Raquelita said…
Cute button down! Winter is so long here in the upper midwest that I get really sick of it, but I'm quite skilled at layering as a result. I love fall weather, though, and enjoy dressing for it! I wear a lot of boots with tights and dresses.
Anonymous said…
Hi! First wanted to introduce myself, I have been reading your blog for a couple of months and love getting a peak at your Northwest pics (I moved from Seattle to Chicago in January and miss those mountains!)

As a nursing student and perpetually injured runner I have embraced the dansko's :) They look great under this season's wide flare/trouser trend.

Cheers,
Annie

http://www.rxforhappiness.wordpress.com
Danielle said…
There's nothing I love more than wrapping up in a great sweater and pulling off boots at the end of the day. However that's only casual wear for me. :( I try to rotate through a few sweaters, but my office is so over heated I end up pulling out a few of my light weight tops and just using a jacket. We should go shopping together or at least select a "wish list" of options!
siri said…
Lady- I have that shirt! In light green instead of blue. Only thing I've bought at Old Navy in the past...3? years... And I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said here- you ARE super cute. Why not wear skirts in the fall and winter if you don't like pants? T.i.g.h.t.s.
I like it too. I will wait for the clearance sale.

Popular Posts