Pregnancy: 41 Weeks

If you asked me a few weeks ago if I thought I would still be pregnant at 41 weeks, I would tell you definitely not. I'm not so sure why I was under this notion, but basically, I am a little bigger (3-5 lbs heavier) this time around, everything feels looser, I've been on my feet and active this entire pregnancy and it's my second baby, so don't these things just "slide right out" this time around?

Apparently not.

This last week of pregnancy has been mentally very trying. I have been on GO my entire pregnancy with full time work and a toddler, so being still and waiting to care for an infant and not having many other plans has been tough.

In this last week of pregnancy, I have mopped the house 3 times, vacuumed, made lasagna, cookies and muffins for the freezer, did 5+ loads of laundry and have gone to the grocery store I don't even know how many times.

By now, I am just really uncomfortable. The carpal tunnel is making my index and middle finger so numb it's painful and hard to grip things. My stomach is red and itchy (I'm one of the lucky ones who got PUPPPS rash this time around - oh the joys of pregnancy!).  Oh and the number of clothing items that look decent on me right now are like 2.

If I knew I would still be pregnant when this week began, I would have tried almost all the "induce baby naturally" tricks. Sigh...

So if the little guy doesn't come between now and my appointment and non stress test for baby tomorrow morning, I'll be at the place where I'm considering induction. I simply don't want to wait another week to see if this guy is going to show, for my mental sanity, his safety and my fear he is also a large baby like Henry was. That being said, I'd really like to go into labor spontaneously, but things just don't seem to be moving in that direction. 😭

But on the up side, as a family, we have done a lot of fun things, including picked strawberries with friends, gone to the park several times with H, taken him to get ice cream, visited my parents and saw their new house that is almost finished and I have taken an afternoon nap almost daily.

Baby is: the size of a watermelon (Ha, no joke! I look like I'm carrying a watermelon around.) and about 19-22 inches and 8+ lbs.

Okay, I think that's enough fun for now. Happy Monday, friends! I'm off to walk in the sunshine and come up with a plan (yet again) for the day. 

Flashback: 41 weeks with Henry 

Comments

I was hoping the baby would make his arrival by now. The waiting is excruciating. I got induced at 39 weeks so didn’t have to experience the extra 2 weeks of waiting. I am sure those 2 weeks have felt like a month. I can understand why you are open to scheduling an induction. It would just be nice to have an end date in mind in case he doesn’t come on his own.

Thinking of you!!!

Popular Posts