Anyway, in a tear-stained moment of exhaustion last night, I was inspired to write this post.
The reality of motherhood (sometimes) is...
1. Looking like a hot mess 90% of the time. Hair unbrushed, spit up down your shirt, milk leaking from your boobs, and dark circles occupying your under eyes.
2. Being so exhausted from limited sleep, constantly carrying around your baby, and being the sole food source that bursting into tears is necessity
3. Deeming workout apparel appropriate for any situation. It used to be I wore my running shorts and tanks for exercise related activities only. But now it just seems like the easiest thing to throw on. Someday, I'll have time to look cute again.
4. Fondly remembering the days you had time to put on makeup and blow dry and straighten your hair before leaving the house.
5. Wondering what it would feel like to have that post yoga zen in your life. Being bendy feels like a lifetime ago.
6. Envying those who are out blissfully riding their bike in the sunshine. I wanna ride a bike...
7. Laughing at the idea of trying out a new dinner recipe (and yet I keep saving them in feedly).
8. Debating whether coffee or a nap is a better option at 4:00 p.m. and then laugh because let's be real, you're not napping unless baby naps and baby isn't napping. Coffee it is.
But this guy, he's a million times worth it.
Feel free to chime in if you have any to share!