Life Lately

Forgive me, I'm just trying to unbury myself from the mounds of reading and assignments that I need to catch up on and/or are due this Friday, in addition to one of my midterms! It's incredible just. how. much. work can be assigned from one class.

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll use our dining room table for dining any time soon. It just works so well for holding stacks of books and binders...

On a more exciting note, here are a few highlights of life lately.

What I'm Thankful For...

Heat - we finally turned our furnace on for the first time this fall and I can tell you that 68 feels like a world of difference from the 61 degrees we were enduring lsat week. We were trying to hold out until Nov. 1, but no dice!

Dry morning walks - I take Jonah Bell out every morning rain or shine, so I really appreciate the mornings that are dry with just a slight fall breeze. I hate having to towel her off after she's soaking wet!

Seeing friends - Last week I had at least three planned social events, which really does something for the soul. It's so easy to get caught up in your own life and feel like you have time for no one else. The opposite is actually true. When you're the most frazzled, you likely need some social contact more than ever.

What I Need Right Now...

This yoga class. I tried it for the first time this morning after running hilly trails on Sunday and running 5 miles last night and it really helped stretch out my tight legs. I highly recommend it (and yogaglo in general)!


What We're Eating...

The manfriend has really stepped up and has been making dinner several nights a week when I've been too busy or have to stay at work late, study or do homework. But when I do have the time to cook, I'm still making some of my favorites.

Dinner last night was stacked enchiladas! Someday, I'll remember to buy the big tortillas for real enchiladas, but this version a little less tedious and a bit healthier.


This is one of those recipes that is great because it's super flexible and allows you to use whatever you have on hand as far as veggies or protein goes. First I saute my veggies and boil the chicken (or leave it out). Then, I tear up a few small white corn tortillas (I used 4 mini ones) alternating veggie protein mix with tortillas and then topping it all with a bit of cheese. Bake at 375 for 20-30 min or until cheese is melty and bubbling.

Ingredients: sauteed veggies, including onion, corn, and red pepper, black refried beans, shredded chicken, a little taco seasoning, avocado slices, a few dollops plain yogurt, 1/4 cup or so of enchilada sauce, and 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese.

What I'm Reading... {beyond thrilling textbooks}

75-Year Study That Found The Secrets to a Fulfilling Life - It's really no surprise that relationships/love are key to a happy and fulfilling life, but it's nice to read it all the same.


How is your week going? Pick one of the above topics and tell me what's going on in your life regarding that topic.

Comments

Yum, that enchilada dish sounds so good! I will have to make that one of these weeks as it's something Phil and I would both like.

Sounds like you are super busy these days! I totally understand giving up on clearing off the dining room table - mine was taken over by CFA materials from Jan-June for the 3 years I studied for that exam. It just wasn't worth the effort to put stuff away!

My week has been kind of busy so far as I spent Monday night prepping for the pumpkin carving party we hosted last night. I have a video chat date tonight with my friend Alli in NY so am looking forward to catching up with her. And then we have social plans on Fri/Sat so it's definitely a busy week for us. But next week should sort of be quieter (except Julia Child Night is next weekend so I will be busy preparing for that). I guess I keep saying that life is going to slow down soon and it doesn't so I need to stop staying that! ;)
Amber said…
That enchilada dish sounds SO good! I will have to try it. I love that kind of food.

My last couple of weeks have been busy too but all with work stuff! It definitely feels like work has consumed my life lately and I don't really think about much else! I am ready for a quiet weekend of hibernation.
That enchilada looks good! I always use small corn tortillas and roll mine but they end up breaking and it's pretty much stacked anyway. I should just do it your way!

My last couple of weeks have been very heavily social, and for me, I prefer to regroup by being alone. I really need to schedule myself a weekend (or at least one day) for just reading and hanging out solo.

Popular Posts