Bottoms Up Bend!

Warning: the images in this post may cause you to have a strong urge to move to Oregon {if you're not here already}. It's kinda pretty.

I'm not going to say much because well, the photos speak for themselves for the most part. I went a little picture crazy during our few hour hike at Smith Rock. Enjoy!


Motorcycle man?


 Haven't even hiked and I'm already sweating.



 Big rocks. People climb these things. Usually with a rope and harness.


Where's Waldo?


Balancing in crow on uneven rocks and sweaty arms = not easy. 


On top of the world!



Zoomed in. NOW you see what's going on here? #Ballsy


A 'simple' kind of ambulance along the trail. Just another reason you don't want to fall while rock climbing. 


Reflection


Home to our paddle boarding and running adventures. Deschutes River. Reflection perfection.


And of course, when in Rome Bend, visit as many breweries as possible, before and after hiking, paddle boarding, running, mountain biking, skiing, canoeing, and all that jazz!



And, drink Pub Beer.


Fresh squeeze margaritas aren't bad either. 


Pete and I had an awesome, jam packed weekend. We came back to Eugene exhausted and tired legged, but so happy to get this one last summer adventure under our belts. Because it's clearly fall in Eugene (with a few summery moments sprinkled in). 

Have you had your last summer hurrah? If so, how did you celebrate? Do you have a favorite getaway city? Don't get me wrong, I'm still wearing shorts when the weather allows it. ;)


Comments

Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! Those tight rope walkers (or whatever you call them) are INSANE. Yikes!

I would love to visit Bend someday. I will put it on my bucket list! My favorite city to visit right now is Minneapolis, but when I am not living far from home, my favorite place to visit is probably Chicago, San Francisco, or New York. Or Vancouver. Gosh, it's just so hard to pick one! I picked cities, but I also love the great outdoors. I just haven't done as many of those kind of trips as I tend to travel alone and I can tackle a city alone but I haven't done much hiking alone.
Jen Feeny said…
Yup, totally want to come visit now. GORGEOUS pics, thanks for sharing the trip!
Unknown said…
Wow Lauren! Fun weekend and some amazing pics!
Amber said…
AMAZING!! I already wanted to visit Bend but these photos make me want to even more. Definitely an outdoor lovers paradise - like BC! We are definitely lucky to live in the Pacific Northwest!
Elizabeth said…
Yea what a great trip! :) Sure love that area but have yet to actually hike into the Smith Rock trails--can imagine it was awesome! Love the pictures and definitely glad you got out to enjoy that last hooray of weather, since we're definitely into fall now (rain, rain, rain!) Is it just me or is the transition totally sudden this year?! :)

Popular Posts