1. I keep forgetting that I'm sort of in the midst of a marathon training schedule. I guess that happens when you've run them just a few times... Well that and the fact that I'm focusing on my shorter goal of finishing this 25K trail race in February before really tackling those road miles.
2. With so many people doing the Jamie Eason's Live Fit training plan right now, it really has me wanting to try it after the Eugene Marathon. I'm not usually one to try certain fitness plans, but I'm intrigued.
3. Work has me so busy and a bit stressed that I almost didn't go to last night's speed workout. My blood pressure was feeling high, but I knew that as overwhelmed as I felt, I needed that run.
I may have seemed a bit out of it and non social to the group, but sometimes you have to work out your issues in the midst of others and a hard workout.
Last night's speed work: warm up, 3 sets of 4 x 400m @ 5k pace...but wait, it gets interesting! In between each 400m, we had to do the following workouts - 400m, push ups, 400m, walking lunges, 400m, mountain climbers, 400m and burpees! Ugh. And finally a cool down. I was spent.
4. I still have Christmasy nail polish (red w/ sparkles) on my toes. This needs to change in the very near future. Holidays = over.
5. I don't know how people keep their houses clean and organized in addition to working full time, exercising, volunteering, etc. Mopping, dusting and vacuuming are near the bottom of my priority list most days.
What are your random thoughts right now?
Happy happy weekend!