Truth is, he doesn't like indecision, but then again, neither do i

The other night he pushed the grocery cart off with a mad face when I said "I don't care." to his "What kind of pancake mix do you prefer?" Seems silly really, but I say it a lot. "I don't care." Which is not always true, but sometimes it is.

I don't care as much as I'd like someone else to be happy so if I pick the wrong kind of pancake mix, tv show, dinner option, it will upset me more that I chose the wrong thing. Make sense? No? I'm not surprised. I'm making no sense.

Basically, I'm a people pleaser and this has the bf angry at times. He wants a decision maker. I'm trying to find her, dig her up, and make her speak. But sometimes, sometimes it's very tough.

I promised to work on it, because I want to (for us and for me), but I know this is an inherent problem of mine. Not wanting to make a decision for complete fear of making the incorrect one. But really, I should follow one of my own favorite quotes: "If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." ~Lewis Carroll

Bottom line is, I'm putting this out here to the universe in an effort to make some more real decisions instead of being so wishy washy. I'm frankly fed up with it and clearly so is he. BTW, I prefer Krusteez blueberry or the wheat & honey pancake mix. And, I really like adding blueberries or bananas into the wheat/honey ones while they're cooking. Yummers.

Happy weekend! I'm heading to WA to visit the grandparents at their summer cabin on the water. Should be relaxing and fun, with great food, some good walks, and some beach reading.

Comments

Jen Feeny said…
Absolutely LOVE the quote! Thanks for sharing... and I'm with you on being a people pleaser... total Libra trait for me. You'll find your inner decision maker, I have faith!
Amber said…
I'm a people pleaser to, but I'm very decisive when it comes to Eric. Probably because HE is so indecisive, his response to everything is "I dunno" or "I don't care". I want to shake him and say YOU MUST HAVE AN OPINION NOW GIVE IT TO ME!

Hahaha, BUT you're acknowledging that you want to work on it so just do it. Sounds like you guys are getting a lot closer and more comfortable around each other so don't be scared to say what YOU really want! It'll take time, but you'll get there!!! Have a great weekend, sounds fun! XO
Shoshanah said…
I am pretty indecisive to. Or when I actually make a decision I will also choose the exact same one. (aka I will always pick Italian food for dinner) But picking the same thing all the time, is really just my way of avoiding having to think about a decision.

And I'd much rather make pancakes from scratch. Its really not that hard, really just milk, flour, sugar, baking powder and eggs. Things that I normally have around the apartment anyways.
Anonymous said…
Bisquick. ;)

Popular Posts