1. After having both our first birth class and a breastfeeding class this week, I feel more confident that I can do this whole thing, even if I won't necessarily know what I'm doing.
Because it's been a while since I really did an intense run, I have felt a little disconnected from that feeling of knowing my body has just done some intense, impressive thing. I am remembering that I can trust my body in this whole birth process because it has done so much for me (50Ks, marathons, 24 hour relays w/ no sleep, and even growing a baby).
2. Spending quality time with the brothers. Yesterday, my youngest brother Max came with me to Portland to do a little shopping at Ikea. We picked up Kyle (the older of my younger brothers) on our way and spent a few hours shopping, going to lunch, and sitting outside in the 70 degree sun. I forget how fun it is to just hang out with the siblings.
Why yes, Ikea, we will try your chairs.
3. Happier podcast by Gretchen Rubin and her sister Elizabeth Craft. A lot of people have been recommending this lately and I finally downloaded it this week and started listening. The episodes are perfect because they are only 20-25 minutes long and always give you one or two easy tidbits to make you happier.
The ideas that resonated with me: making your bed every morning and saying warm hellos/goodbyes.
Whether the manfriend makes the bed, or I do, I always appreciate the sense of peace I get when I walk into our bedroom and see a nicely made bed. And in terms of hellos and goodbyes, I always feel a bit uneasy if I don't tell the manfriend to have a good day and give him a hug + kiss before he jets off to work.
4. My belly officially resembles a torpedo. Overall, I find this pretty humorous. Watch out, I might knock something over.
And the little nugget inside is moving like crazy this week making my belly into all kinds of shapes.
5. I'm looking forward to meeting my blogging buddy Elizabeth today! We met through Instagram or blogging a few years ago and are finally meeting for the first time today to do a little hiking. She lives near Portland, so we're meeting about halfway in between.
From last weekend's hike with the manfriend
Do you make your bed every morning? Or do you have any other daily habits that are "must do's?" How do you plan to spend your weekend?