Tag, you're it!

I hope your weekend is drifting along just perfectly. Morgan tagged me in this random question post on Friday so here goes...

What is the last thing you took a picture of?


Manfriend riding to work in the snow on Tuesday morning. Snow doesn't last long around here so we have to appreciate it while we can.

What finally made you decide to write your blog?
My friend T has started a blog and I've always been a journaler and the kind of person who likes to share stories so I figured blogging would be a good way to do that. Additionally, it was (and still is) a creative outlet and stress reliever.

If you had to listen to one song on repeat for the rest of your life, what would it be? Tiny Dancer by Elton John or Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus. Total opposites I know, but those are the two that come to mind right now.

What's one item on your 'bucket list'? Travel to Greece, walk on the hillsides among the white stone homes and swim in the bright blue ocean.

If you could be on any TV show, which would it be?
I used to want to be on MTV, but now days I would say one of the home shows (because it means we'd be buying a new house (or buying one to have someone else renovate) or What Not to Wear (because I'd be getting a whole new wardrobe for free.

If you could start your own race, what distance would it be? Personally, I don't like to pay to run less than 5 miles although I occasionally do. I would probably organize a 15K with a variety of terrain and maybe some barriers to hop over here and there. One of the most fun races I've done was this 10K in Michigan where we ran on road, golf course, trail and back to road. So much fun and variation.

What would you name said race? LP's Mad Dash to the Finish!

If you were forced to eat like something other than how you eat now, which would you choose? (Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo, Pescetarian, Kosher, Cannibal, etc...) Probably pescetarian or vegetarian. I've toyed with the idea before, but I also like the occasional burger, bacon and chicken. But pescetarian would allow me to keep a good amount of protein in my diet and enjoy the occasional salmon, crab or shrimp dish.

If you could rid the world of one social application, which would it be? I'm not sure. I was kind of late to the smart phone party so I have downloaded maybe 10 apps to my phone. I guess I would rid the whole "checking in" thing from social media. It just doesn't seem safe or necessary.

If you could choose just one person to train with for a training cycle who would it be? Probably Kara Goucher. She just seems down to earth and a fun person I could connect with, not that our paces would be ANYWHERE near each other. Ha!

If you were a guest at our wedding what would you bring as a gift based on what you know about Spike and I? (Ha ha, this could get very interesting...) Some kind of engraved sword (to go along with your coat of arms thing), a cool shower curtain and entry into a funtastic race.

Tag, you're it! You are now tagged if you are reading this post. Pick 2-3 questions above and answer them below or repost the questions and answer on your own blog.

Thanks for tagging me, Morgan. These random questions are always fun to answer even though I don't do them often.

On a random note, it's a bit shocking and sad to me that Joe Paterno (former Penn State coach) passed away today shortly after 1.) retiring at the age of 85 and 2.) in the midst of this whole scandal over Jerry Sandusky sexually abusing young boys. I hope that he felt at peace with his decisions and that his family is doing okay.

Not many people work until 85 doing something they love. Heck, not many people do something they love for work, period.

Comments

Amber said…
Good for the manfriend for still biking to work despite cold weather and snow. I'm impressed. I saw a guy biking when it was -30 C with the windchill last week. He had a full mask/helmet thing on but I still thought he was nuts ;)
I think you could always be a "bacon eating vegetarian"! Haha. I laugh when people say that is what they are!

I don't think I could ever be a cannibal. Unless I was shipwrecked. But even then I would hold out til the last. I was a vegetarian for a long time, so that one would be easy! I pretty much like all food!
The social app question is a good one! I totally agree - the "checking in" thing (and allowing your phone to use your "location", which I turned off) has always seemed so crazy to me. D will occasionally do it for fun - at a concert or something - but never just "hey, we're at the grocery store! woop!"

Manfriend riding in the SNOW? I'm impressed. That looks cold ;)

I'm heartbroken over Joe Pa. It is just so sad, and unreal. It happened too quickly.
Ricole said…
I am dying to be on the amazing race!!! Or the real world challenge. I dont want to be on the real world though, just the challenge! :-)
I don't like the check in aps either. They actually really annoy me and they do not seem safe! And I don't think EVERYONE needs to know where you are at all times! I guess I am just too private of a person for that sort of thing!

I could do the vegetarian thing like 80% of the time. But I would miss things like chicken noodle soup and burgers and, well, steaks on the grill!

Popular Posts