Ode to the Meme (let me explain)

“So, here’s the challenge: make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It’s not really bragging, it’s an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you’d like to see share their strengths."

1. I'm blatantly honest, unless I know someone I'm writing about will be offended or hurt if they read it.

2. I think photographs are vital to telling any good story (hence the reason I take at least one of my digital cameras everywhere). Sometimes, the photographs are even more important than the words themselves.

3. I see things very visually, which allows me to be pretty artistic in my scrapbooking, using complimenting paper colors and spacing and aligning photos just so on each page.

4. I have perfectionist, type A tendencies and therefore will not publish a post until it's complete. And sometimes I'll even come back to a blog a few days later because a sentence isn't perfectly worded. Thank you J-School for instilling in me the ability to write concisely and edit thoroughly.

5. Writing is like therapy for me. Whether or not anyone is reading it, I enjoy the process of using my thoughts to create something.

PS-I'm not tagging any other writers or artists b/c I don't believe in chain letters and that's what this reminds me of. But thanks for the challenge Kayla!

Comments

KGreg said…
Very well done. I agree with you, I was a bit reluctant to pass it on, too. I'm glad you responded though! I also totally agree with the value of thinking visually. If my camera wasn't horribly mangled, I like to think I'd do more of that.

Popular Posts