Pregnancy: 25 Weeks

Ah, weekend, I can almost taste you. It's been a long week over here between pregnancy, a busy time at work and having a bit of a head cold. We are getting away this weekend with my family and I can't wait for a little forced relaxation. It's simply too easy to just keep powering on when you're at home between laundry, meals, dishes, etc. I'm currently 30 weeks and am asked several times a day at the running store how much longer I have (a clear sign people think it's soon). Let's look back on week 25!

Week 25 // March 2018

This week could be summed up as itchy. My belly is itchy as the skin is stretching and the belly bands on my maternity jeans seem to only exacerbate the itch. Ugh.

 24 week bump

A customer at the store asked me if I was feeling tired these days to which I responded "No, not really." And I swear, ever since then I've felt exhausted almost daily. {Yawn}

I'm feeling the little guy kick and move all the time, which is so cool. It is incredible to be able to put your hand on your belly and feel a little knee or foot make its way around your insides.

When I look back on the last month, both from doctor's visits and the few journal entries I've made, it's been a month of serious growth. I gained about 7 lb in a month and then my body sort of hung out there for a few weeks.

It's fascinating how different the second pregnancy can be. My first pregnancy, I steadily gained weight {and bumpage} as the weeks went on, but this time it feels like my body likes to speed up and then slow down in the growth department.


25 week bump

What else has been going on? Pete and I actually got out on a little date one evening thanks to my mom. We went out for dinner and then weren't quite ready to come home, so we split a piece of cookies 'n cream cake from Sweet Life.


I remember when I was about to pop with Henry, I promised myself that post baby I'd buy myself an entire Sweet Life cake to enjoy (over time) as some sort of reward for having that baby. I never bought myself that cake. It's going to happen this time around. Just saying...

Also, it snowed in Eugene in late February. We didn't get much of an exciting winter this year, so when I woke up to snow on the ground I was seriously giddy. I put on my trail shoes and layers and headed out for a 2.5 mile walk + podcast listening.


And it's a good thing I did because the sun came out and nearly all of it was melted by the afternoon!


I've really been trying to soak up my mornings with Henry as I know my focus will be divided in the coming months. It's been a lot of fun to watch him get excited about Baby Moe joining our family, too. He likes to touch my belly, feel the baby kick and talk about playing with the baby. 



Baby is: the size of a cauliflower, roughly 13.5" and 1.5 lb

Exercise: Throughout this second trimester, I've been really good about exercising almost daily, alternating walking days (usually 2-3 miles) with strength training at home. I've also focused on doing strength moves that get my heart rate up since I'm not up for running anymore. I should probably be doing more yoga.

Weight gained: 19 lbs

Flashback: Pregnancy: Week 25 with Henry // Week 26 with Henry

Okay, that's all for now. I didn't write a lot for week 25, so more to come about weeks 28-30. But first, I've got to head to bed!

Comments

I remember the pregnancy exhaustion really coming back late in the 2nd trimester. I feel like I was more tired in the 3rd trimester than I was in the 1st trimester. The blood clot and RA flares might have been the culprit.

It’s cute that Henry is excited about his baby brother! And exciting that he can feel him move. Feeling the kicks was the best part of being pregnant. Phil didn’t get to feel many kicks as my anterior placenta made it harder to feel movement, though.

You look great!!
Amber said…
This pregnancy is really flying by for you guys! You look amazing!! I don't miss much about being pregnant but I do sometimes miss the feeling of her moving around in my belly!

Popular Posts