Since we last chatted, you've really been on the move. At seven months, you decided to really start crawling on all fours and immediately after, began pulling yourself up on anything and everything. Shortly after that, you started clapping and waving after I would demonstrate it. So fun. And even though these are no longer new "tricks," I love it every time I see you clap or wave.
- plain yogurt
- 10-spice vegetable soup
- using your walker across the living room
- playing in all the kitchen cabinets
- trying to launch out of my arms when being carried
- being outside
- diaper changes (like, whoa!)
- having your nose suctioned
- being tired or hungry
- Standing and balancing unassisted
- Giving mama something after I asked for it
- Playing in the sandbox at the park (yum, sand)
- Dancing & twisting
- 22 lb 4oz
- 29.5" (@ 9 months)
- Clothes: 12-18 months
- Teeth: four
- 2 naps per day (usually), 1-2 hours each
- 1-3 wake ups per night (occasionally, none)
- Usually nurse back to sleep, but sometimes go back to sleep on your own
Ah, geez. I know you're likely going to be tall like your dad, but it doesn't make dressing you any easier. Just when I think I've bought the right size of clothing, I go to get you dressed and everything either looks entirely too small or long and baggy on you.
And socks? I don't know what these manufacturers are thinking when they make socks, but none of them fit you. Good thing summer is almost here!
In the last few weeks, I've started really reflecting on the fact that you're almost ONE year old (how?!) and it makes me a bit sad to think that you're soon to be a toddler and not a baby much longer.
But then you have a rough day where you're sick or teething and all you want to do is be held. On those days, I'm quickly reminded that no matter how mobile, you're still my little baby.
Love you lots,
Dear Henry: six months