We've already had a few decently rainy days here, but I'm crossing my fingers we have about a month of nearly summer weather left around here.
In my scheming, this is what's on my to do list:
- Spend a day at the coast walking on the beach, eating seafood, living the slow live - Life on any body of water always seems slower, ya know?
- Go camping - We've yet to even camp once this summer!
- Back to Bend - Hike around Smith Rock, visit some new-to-us breweries, eat good food
- Drive down to the Redwoods - Camp, sight see and run among the BIG trees
- Afternoon spent wine tasting - We live within 25 minutes of several awesome wineries, but most weekend days, we're spent after a few hours of exercise. Napping somehow sounds better than wine drinking.
I know a few of these will be fairly easy to tackle so here's to hoping we can squeeze them in. Now all we need is a few extra vacation days...
For your viewing pleasure, this may be the worst 'selfie' ever... P.S. I hate the word 'selfie.'
Too bright! Too bright! Prior to an easy run with the manfriend on Tuesday.
Back to School
After taking a little hiatus from school for my sanity's sake (wedding planning & a busy time at work), it's time to get back on the wagon! This term I'll be taking Anatomy & Physiology (the second of a three class series) and Chemistry (the first of three), while working about 31 hrs/wk. A&P will be from 6-9 pm on Mon and Wed nights, so wish me luck! I see lots of pb&j or larabar dinners in my future.
The current plan is to take all the prerequisites for nutrition in order to apply for a nutrition and public health combined program. But my mind is always spinning. My dream would be to do some mix of personal training, health writing and nutrition planning for clients. How that all works, I don't know, but I'm taking baby steps.
I also often wonder about staying in the marketing field and launching into the outdoor or athletic industries. While I enjoy marketing, I worry that if I forgo this opportunity to head back to school, I'll always wonder if I could have done it and how it would be. As a 'play it safe' girl, I'm sort of ready to head down the path unknown, even if it means I'll be shuffling my feet the whole way trying to determine what's around the next corner.
One thing I know for sure is that doing the same thing doesn't bring about change. Kinda like running one pace all the time doesn't make you any faster...
Do you have any last summer bucket list wishes? What's your dream career or the one you always wonder if you would enjoy?