Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving!

Here we are at a week that most of us can't help but think of things we are thankful for. Isn't it funny how we seem to forget other times of the year and then November hits and all of a sudden, we're thankful. It's definitely a good reminder for the rest of the year. ;)

This week, I'm thankful for:

Coffee shop chatter - This may sound like a strange thing to be thankful for, but Saturday I sat between two tables of ladies who were chatting about things that were not only enlightening, but made me really happy. Of most interest, were the three women in a graduate program discussing their various ethnic studies classes and race relations.

During my undergrad I took a few women & gender studies classes, which I absolutely loved. Just hearing their conversation made me thankful for new insights and ways of thinking that don't occur much in my everyday thinking. The other table were two young women talking about new love, in which the happiness was just palpable. I LOVE love.

Sun - Although it's been unusually cold around these parts, the rain has stayed away for the most part. I'm soaking in as much Vitamin D as possible during what is usually a very dreary time of year in Oregon.

Beautiful, but freezing the first 3.5 miles of my run

Yoga - It's no secret that I really enjoy yoga and Saturday morning power yoga, but I just feel like it's helping to keep me sane and happy these days. Plus, I'm noticing more and more growth as I continue to practice regularly. Unfortunately, I have a little tendonitis in my left arm (strangely my non dominant arm), which may be in part due to yoga and part from computer work.

Date night - Over the last few weeks, the manfriend and I have gone out for simple date nights involving a fun drink or a beer flight. You forget how different your conversations are when you go out to do something rather than stay in. Definitely a fun, but important treat!

Not date night, but a fun wine & cheese party with friends

And last, but not least:

Family - We had an early Thanksgiving brunch with my mom's side of the family last Sunday. It was a good reminder that I needed that time with family more than I knew. Studying had to wait, and that's okay. While I love catching up with family members, one of my favorite parts is seeing the little ones running around.

My cousin's daughter Mickaela was adorable. First to sit down for brunch!

Okay, time to get my sweat on before the big Thanksgiving dinner! I think I'll do a little run with some fun exercises thrown in every mile or so.

Did you do a Turkey Trot or a fun little exercise to get your day started right? Anyone doing a little black Friday shopping? I think I'll try to stay far away. I may check out a few online sales, but this weekend it sounds more fun to just hunker down and enjoy the extra time off work and school. 

To those of you celebrating, 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Comments

Amber said…
Happy happy Thanksgiving to you and Pete! What a great list of things to be thankful for!
I hope you & Pete had a great Thanksgiving! It really is a shame that we don't carry this spirit of Thanksgiving into all of the months of the year!

I haven't done many races on Thanksgiving day as my parents live in the middle of nowhere but we did celebrate in Minneapolis one year and I did a 10k which was so much fun.

Popular Posts