Alas, I've managed to find myself in some pretty stressful states lately. Last week I was feeling so stressed out that I was having headaches, got breakouts on my face, and feeling some tightening in my chest.
With two classes, 30 hours of work, running, and trying to have some semblance of a social life, I know that the next few months will be taxing no matter what. As a result, I'm looking at ways to stay happy and healthy during the peaks and valleys because I know I have to take care of myself first and foremost.
I'm curious, what do you guys do to combat stress or prevent added stress?
Here are some things I do or am thinking of adding to my routine:
- Running - Hello sanity saver and adrenaline rush
- Yoga - Ommm. Can't argue with a good stretch.
- Acupuncture - Want to see what the hype is all about.
- Hitting up the farm/pumpkin patch - Fall produce, apple cider donuts, piles of pumpkins, trees changing colors; it all just feels right.
- Lattes and coffee shops
- Music - Revisiting itunes and making some new playlists, turning on Pandora more often. I forget how calming music can be.
- Laughter - I could use a bit more silly in my life.
Here's a list of 20 other free or really cheap ways to relieve stress. Concentrate on good things. That's probably my favorite of the list.
A few random things I'm thankful for this week are: The return of Grey's Anatomy & Scandal, clean laundry, Synergy Kombucha (Trilogy flavor), cute babies, and not going crazy during taper time. Anything you're particularly thankful for this week?